Sponsored

Driving/Racing Shoes

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
I am looking to get a pair of driving shoes that I could wear to work and the track. My Current selection of footwear has a very adverse effect on driving let alone spirited driving in my 6spd GTPP.

Any thoughts?

I am finding alot of loafer style shoes while searching and alot of bullshit like 10 pairs of driving shoes every man must have from Forbes, and other business nonsense.

EDIT: Mostly work, as Josh mad a good point.
Sponsored

Last edited:

JoshMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2003 Mach 1, 64.5 Coupe
I am looking to get a pair of driving shoes that I could wear to work and the track. My Current selection of footwear has a very adverse effect on driving let alone spirited driving in my 6spd GTPP.

Any thoughts?

I am finding alot of loafer style shoes while searching and alot of bullshit like 10 pairs of driving shoes every man must have from Forbes, and other business nonsense.
Don't buy a mediocre driving shoe that you can wear daily. If you want a "true" driving shoe, buy just that. Pedal feel is directly linked to sole construction, and a nice shoe is not gonna have a sole designed for daily use.

OP
OP
68fbjjz109

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
Don't buy a mediocre driving shoe that you can wear daily. If you want a "true" driving shoe, buy just that. Pedal feel is directly linked to sole construction, and a nice shoe is not gonna have a sole designed for daily use.
That is a great point. I would likely get a second set for the track. I am looking for something to be just that though even if it is mediocre by most racing shoe standards.

I am just wondering if there is something that I could where in a meeting with and OEM, in slacks, button up shirt; that is also more at home on the pedals of my car.

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wear steel toe boots to work and drive my Gt as a DD. im getting pretty good. haha.
ive thought about this too but found many of the things the OP listed also.

Sponsored

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP

shelby367

being me since 1964
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 ecoboost premium, PP (received)
I think if try to get a dual purpose shoe you will end up with shoes that are not very good at either.
Mike

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
That is a great point. I would likely get a second set for the track. I am looking for something to be just that though even if it is mediocre by most racing shoe standards.

I am just wondering if there is something that I could where in a meeting with and OEM, in slacks, button up shirt; that is also more at home on the pedals of my car.
I've had pretty good results for both office and hard driving uses with ordinary "walking shoes", at least after they've "worn in" to your feet a bit for the driving side of this. Black tie-ups with little or no "styling" will be fine for any work activity where "business casual" is the order of the day, maybe even a bit higher than that. I've almost exclusively worn Reeboks or New Balance for years (I'm retired now), and at this point I really hate having to drive with my feet in anything else.

Norm

jrl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I've used wrestling shoes bought from Sporting goods stores. Soft sole for better pedal feel but not a lot of support if your walking, I just put them on when I'm ready to drive.

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Pilotis or something like Puma Drift Cats.

I have had good luck with Piloti as a dual purpose shoe.

Real racing shoes generally aren't comfortable to do much walking in, and wear out rather fast.
Sponsored