Sponsored

Driveshaft loops....that fit.

jvm051

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang GT base with 3.55's
Installed my DSS aluminum driveshaft, and went to bolt up the Steeda driveshaft loop, and found that the loop would make contact with the rear 02 sensors. I am running Stainless Power long tubes, due to the location of the rear 02's it interferes. My friends shop had a BMR loop handy and no dice on that one either. What are your guys and gals running that seems to fit? I am going to call on Monday about the Stifflers one as it might work but im running out of options.
Sponsored

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I run the DSS aluminum DS, SP LT's, and the UPR safety loop.

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
I run the BMR and kooks LTs. It only interferes with the pass side. Lund tuned and the rears are programed out anyway so I removed and plugged hole. No issues.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
What version of our Loop did you try using?

Does it have a BMR logo in it? Or no?

The only issues I have seen, commonly, are some exhaust's downstream O2 sensors contacting the plate. I usually have them just plug those bungs (because most have tunes with them off)

Sponsored

OP
OP

jvm051

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang GT base with 3.55's
What version of our Loop did you try using?

Does it have a BMR logo in it? Or no?

The only issues I have seen, commonly, are some exhaust's downstream O2 sensors contacting the plate. I usually have them just plug those bungs (because most have tunes with them off)
Kelly it was the old version. Will the new one clear?

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White GT PP, 2022 F350
Ours will work with the SW / SP brand longtubes. We also offer the Stifflers Loop which does clear as well.
Stifflers contacts my 4" shaft with mgw shifter. Thinking about shaving off some of the loop. Fits my headers great. Just not my shaft-shifter combo.

alrodri8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I use the BMR Driveshaft Safety Loop with my DSS 3.5" with an ARH full exhaust setup. I had issues with my rear O2s coming into contact with them, so I ended up modifying the Safety loop a bit. I now run my secondary O2s with the loop installed with no issues after a bit of grinding.

Last edited:

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
I use the BMR Driveshaft Safety Loop with my DSS 4" with an ARH full exhaust setup. I had issues with my rear O2s coming into contact with them, so I ended up modifying the Safety loop a bit. I now run my secondary O2s with the loop installed with no issues after a bit of grinding.
Got any pics of that? I have the same setup for the most part

alrodri8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Got any pics of that? I have the same setup for the most part
I do not at the moment. I should be under the car later this week and I can grab one. I essentially test fitted under the car and used a permanent marker to mark the small curves in the loop that I later hit with the bench grinder. After a few test fittings and going back and forth grinding, it fit well. I tried grinding it just enough to where the structural integrity of the safety loop is unaffected.

I also added some vibrant O2 defoulers for when the Whipple arrives, no clearance issues with those after the modifications either. The Whipple tune requires the secondary O2s to be connected .

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Stifflers works with 15-17 mustang auto and manuals, bolts right to the tranny easy install no contact issues with my 3.5 dynotech aluminum ds!
Sponsored