Driver Side Door has half power?

Ap8823

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium
Hey guys, was wondering if you have any inside or dealt with this in the past. Last year it appeared I had lost power to my door, it wouldn’t allow me to higher/lower window as well as power going out (not my color, can still lower passenger side window) in the door. However all switches in the door don’t light up no buttons work except passenger window and my color. It ended up fixing itself I went on. Flash to a year later it happened again. Cannot higher or lower window, door switches don’t work but my color seems to still be working. Any ideas what could be wrong here? Thanks!
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
My first thought was a loose connector but, yeah, water isn't good in electrical connectors.
My next thought was maybe a failing door module but I don't think that's very common.
Loose connectors have also been found across all S550 platforms, not just there inside the doors but elsewhere. Definitely always a good idea to check all connectors and ground points throughout the car when looking for a fault that is affecting electronics.

—-
Just a side note for future references:
Also in many of the Mustangs prior to the S550, the harness that goes from the A-pillar into the side of the door, the wires within that harness are known to become brittle and even break over time. Of course this issue would be more present in high mileage vehicles AND be more prevalent in the drivers door since it is used the most where that harness is constantly being “bent” from opening/closing. These wires are hidden inside of a rubber sheath, so the only way to tell if they are damaged would be to remove that harness between the door and A-pillar, and remove the sheath, which the whole R&R of that harness is a royal PiA…. LOL.

Now the S550 is still relatively “new” and I would not expect that door harness to be an issue, BUT there are S550’s out there with over 100k miles on them, so just be aware if all other electrical aspects check out and that harness has not been checked…

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
I think the door wiring problem was a product of the time period. I had a '98 Jeep Grand Cherokee that I had to repair the drivers door harness a couple of times.
Sponsored