Sponsored

Doug DeMuro Drives the GT350R

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
I don't mind Doug. At first I thought his humour was very contrived but after watching quite a few of his videos I think it's more of a nervous trait of his and he's just a quirky guy. Shmee on the other hand...

He stinks of inherited money (I don't know what he does, he may very well be self made and if he is kudos to him). It is very clear that his knowledge with regards to cars is limited to reciting performance figures and specifications. I feel he is on the internet solely to show off and to feed his ego. Salomondrin is another one who fits into this category and seems to be spiraling out of control.

YouTube was great before the time were people were famous for being on YouTube. There is still lots of good content available, you just have to sift through piles of repetitive, click baiting shit in order to get to the good stuff. I crave technical, informative content. The YouTuber should be able to place you in the driver's seat with their review. Most seem to fail at this.
Sponsored

Bosshog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J-RO
Vehicle(s)
17' 350R // 16' FOCUS RS
I don't mind Doug. At first I thought his humour was very contrived but after watching quite a few of his videos I think it's more of a nervous trait of his and he's just a quirky guy. Shmee on the other hand...

He stinks of inherited money (I don't know what he does, he may very well be self made and if he is kudos to him). It is very clear that his knowledge with regards to cars is limited to reciting performance figures and specifications. I feel he is on the internet solely to show off and to feed his ego. Salomondrin is another one who fits into this category and seems to be spiraling out of control.

YouTube was great before the time were people were famous for being on YouTube. There is still lots of good content available, you just have to sift through piles of repetitive, click baiting shit in order to get to the good stuff. I crave technical, informative content. The YouTuber should be able to place you in the driver's seat with their review. Most seem to fail at this.
Well put.

One other thing to mention is what YOUTUBE is DEMANDING from their content makers. Their videos are designed to fulfill the requirements of YouTube so they get clicks, likes, pop to the top of ad's, etc, etc.

YouTube wants VLOGS now . . that's why a lot of the car spotters turned channel owners, turned reviewers, turned vloggers have all been "evolving" into click bait, 15-20 min long vids about eating food, traveling and the occasional supercar.

It's easy to hate on an individual, but we also need to look behind the curtain and see who is controlling the puppets.

Channels like Drive Tribe can support themselves with ex Top Gear money but they just aren't getting the views they deserve. DRIVE jumped the shark when they tried to have viewers pay (DRIVE was mostly Jalopnik staff) Motor Trend has some ON Demand stuff and also quirky rhetoric, sometimes very scripted tom foolery . . Lots of subscribers not a lot of viewership.

So it's all over the place. The internet is evolving in nano-seconds and sometimes the content creators know more than the viewers. Were just here waiting to catch up to the next thing - so it can pass and end up in a digital landfill in cyberspace.

I personally like Doug DeMuro, he's just a car nerd, looks at things more practically than statistically. I suggest watching more of his videos - perhaps one's where he tries to sell his cars @ CarMax. .

car crazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I love Doug's videos. He's clearly a car guy. He's driven everything from Ferraris to 911 turbos to Mclaren and anything else you can imagine. He does not try to do the standard car review videos like everyone else. He points out some of the quirks which nobody else will ever mention and does it in an entertaining and comedic way. Ferrari and Mclaren have some mighty interesting quirks. You have to watch him play "stump the carmax guys". He took his imported right hand drive Skyline GTR to carmax to see what they would offer him - lol. His videos seem genuine and he does not try to copy everyone else. Give his videos a chance, I find them entertaining and different. Very different from vehicle virgins, salomondrin, dude in blue, subaruwrxfan, savagegeese, saabkyle, etc. I enjoy all those guys but one of my favorites is subaruwrxfan's Friday car industry updates - His weekly updates have replaced FastLaneDaily for me.

smsgt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350 magnetic/black tech
Maybe he won't be as annoying after you watch/listen to the Shmeeeeeee.... :D

I am a large, albeit, very peaceful man. Something about the "shmeee" however makes me want to put him in a choke hold and watch the life slowly leave his eyes while quoting him verbatim " wow, wow, wow".

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
I am a large, albeit, very peaceful man. Something about the "shmeee" however makes me want to put him in a choke hold and watch the life slowly leave his eyes while quoting him verbatim " wow, wow, wow".
Amen to that. I don't even bother clicking on any of his vids... for quite a long time already.

And actually I don't mind watching Doug's videos at all... he's been around and appreciates many kinds of vehicles. I grew up in the Philly area, where he's at, so that's okay in my book too. :D

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Best lol I've had in some time. Thanks for that.

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
I love Doug's videos. He's clearly a car guy. He's driven everything from Ferraris to 911 turbos to Mclaren and anything else you can imagine. He does not try to do the standard car review videos like everyone else. He points out some of the quirks which nobody else will ever mention and does it in an entertaining and comedic way. Ferrari and Mclaren have some mighty interesting quirks. You have to watch him play "stump the carmax guys". He took his imported right hand drive Skyline GTR to carmax to see what they would offer him - lol. His videos seem genuine and he does not try to copy everyone else. Give his videos a chance, I find them entertaining and different. Very different from vehicle virgins, salomondrin, dude in blue, subaruwrxfan, savagegeese, saabkyle, etc. I enjoy all those guys but one of my favorites is subaruwrxfan's Friday car industry updates - His weekly updates have replaced FastLaneDaily for me.
On that note, savagegeese is a champ. His reviews hit the nail on the head. He is as dry as the Sahara Desert, but his content is informative and detailed as can be. He covers every aspect that a real car/driving enthusiast would want to know about. Even with the occasional expletive just to remind us it's YouTube. He also includes the right amount of videography so that it's not too over the top. His only downfall is he seems to have limited access to high level performance cars, evident in the fact that he reviews a lot of boring non enthusiast vehicles. This guy doesn't get anywhere near the views of the clickbaiters but he has the whole car reviewing thing worked out.

ElAntonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 (Grabber Blue, Electronics)
On that note, savagegeese is a champ. His reviews hit the nail on the head. He is as dry as the Sahara Desert, but his content is informative and detailed as can be. He covers every aspect that a real car/driving enthusiast would want to know about. Even with the occasional expletive just to remind us it's YouTube. He also includes the right amount of videography so that it's not too over the top. His only downfall is he seems to have limited access to high level performance cars, evident in the fact that he reviews a lot of boring non enthusiast vehicles. This guy doesn't get anywhere near the views of the clickbaiters but he has the whole car reviewing thing worked out.
His recent review on the Lexus GSF was excellently done. He and Turbowski are much funnier than they let on...their B-sides on the GT350 show a lot of it.

But on the GSF one they let some of the snark fly out and it just plain works.

EDIT: Salomondrin pulls off the "rich guy with toys" vibe better than Shmeee does...something about a bunch of dudes smoking weed in a Tesla and talking shit that brings down the overall inherent douchiness in what amounts to a "look at all my toys" channel. It helps that they seem to genuinely have a good time.

IIRC subaruwrxfan posts on here. PAGING!

The two channels that I really can't abide are StreetSpeed (I mean, really, how many weeks of minor mods to a Z06 with clickbait titles do we need?) and Vehicle Virgins, because something about his face makes me think I should go hit a heavy bag.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
His recent review on the Lexus GSF was excellently done. He and Turbowski are much funnier than they let on...their B-sides on the GT350 show a lot of it.

But on the GSF one they let some of the snark fly out and it just plain works.

EDIT: Salomondrin pulls off the "rich guy with toys" vibe better than Shmeee does...something about a bunch of dudes smoking weed in a Tesla and talking shit that brings down the overall inherent douchiness in what amounts to a "look at all my toys" channel. It helps that they seem to genuinely have a good time.

IIRC subaruwrxfan posts on here. PAGING!

The two channels that I really can't abide are StreetSpeed (I mean, really, how many weeks of minor mods to a Z06 with clickbait titles do we need?) and Vehicle Virgins, because something about his face makes me think I should go hit a heavy bag.
Vehicle virgins rubs me wrong Doug has grown on me.

smsgt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350 magnetic/black tech
Best lol I've had in some time. Thanks for that.
Well you're welcome for that and Shmee if you read this please know that i was just kidding about killing you. I would sooner hammer fist you in the nose till cartilage pops out of your eye sockets or maybe shoot a gt350 video with you some day where I drive and you get dragged behind my car?

Sponsored

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Well you're welcome for that and Shmee if you read this please know that i was just kidding about killing you. I would sooner hammer fist you in the nose till cartilage pops out of your eye sockets or maybe shoot a gt350 video with you some day where I drive and you get dragged behind my car?
:lol:

Could you throw in a second punch and aim a bit lower... maybe it'll fix that irritating lisp of his. :paddle: :ninja: :D

88mph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Matt Moreman from Obsessed Garage is often very informative. He is not a car reviewer by any means, but his videos often contain very specific information on the products he uses and/or what he is doing.

And the best part, he is a member of the forum! :cheers:

If you are reading: Hi Matt! One of your followers here! Watching your videos on the GT350 helped me keep the anxiety down while I was waiting for my car to be delivered to Chile :)

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
Matt Moreman from Obsessed Garage is often very informative. He is not a car reviewer by any means, but his videos often contain very specific information on the products he uses and/or what he is doing.

If you are reading: Hi Matt! One of your followers here! Watching your videos on the GT350 helped me keep the anxiety down while I was waiting for my car to be delivered to Chile :)
I wasn't including Matt in the negative comments above, he is the antithesis of YouTube. I've been watching his videos since 2014 and have gained huge amounts of car care knowledge as a result. When your wife knows about some guy on the internet, in a different country, maybe you're spending too much time on his channel haha.

MustangGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, LB / White OTT

I especially love his 30 minute video on how to put stickers on buckets. :crazy:

[ame]

88mph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I wasn't including Matt in the negative comments above, he is the antithesis of YouTube.
Oh for sure! I didn't mean that you were referring to Matt in the negative comments or anything. I was just trying to give a recommendation on a Youtuber that is quite good and informative ;)
Sponsored