Sponsored

DORA and COTUS

Wraith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Friend ordered a car. No DORA, it's been a week and was told by sales guy they don't do DORA's anymore. All he has is a VOC from dealer and a printed order sheet showing several cars apparently ordered with "his car" circled in pen and his name written on it. Nothing shows in COTUS.

Sound legit?
Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Nope, almost every person with an order on here has a DORA

If there are multiple cars on there it, could that simply be an inventory order?

bullittman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350 chassis 0387
VOC is not anything, Dealer apparently can't be bothered. It dosen't mean that his car won't be ordered........There is no reason in today's world you cannot get a DORA. Insist on it. Nothing is happening on COTUS with anybody right now on 16's....Look to after labor day.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Yeah, forget COTUS at the present time but DORA is key. Heck we all have it... at least I do.

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
Dealer called me the morning after my order was placed and told me he had the DORA. Faxed it right over to me.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Wraith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Thanks guys, to my knowledge he still hasn't gotten a DORA and doesn't seem too worried about it.

Last edited:

bpracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FR-S, 2005 F250
Never had a DORA, they gave me the VOC and printed out that it was added to a queue. Very much two schools of thought here and both sides are adamant they are right. Have also heard it depends on the dealer's ordering system....

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
question...does anyone know why Ford is not building any R's during the winter months? I never heard of such a thing....what about the southern states...i.e TEXAS we drive all year round except for 1-2 winter days...please details anyone....
no r.PNG

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
^^^ does this mean that if I do not get a VIN # and a build date prior to this NOV 2015 I will not see my car built until Feb 2016...and get it in April? this sucks you know what !!

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
question...does anyone know why Ford is not building any R's during the winter months? I never heard of such a thing....what about the southern states...i.e TEXAS we drive all year round except for 1-2 winter days...please details anyone....
Due to the Cup 2 tires.... not safe for cold/winter driving. That could likely be why... plus maybe they also learned from the C7 Z07's hard lessons.

Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Due to the Cup 2 tires.... not safe for cold/winter driving. That could likely be why... plus maybe they also learned from the C7 Z07's hard lessons.
Bingo. Last thing they need is some transporter or dealer porter goosing the throttle and binning one at 30mph. Very easy to do when those things turn to rocks sub 50 degrees.

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)

What happen to the C7 Z07 if I may ask? This royally suck if If an not get my car..until next year.:mad::(:rant:

derpington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
What happen to the C7 Z07 if I may ask? This royally suck if If an not get my car..until next year.:mad::(:rant:
They had to replace a bunch of Cup 2s because they crack when it gets below 30 or so. So it's not a really matter of someone goosing the throttle during transport, but the tires can't even sit out in the temperature or they get ruined. I hope people either live in a warm climate or have heated garage, or it's going to be a $2k mistake.

Also, since there is scarce availability for Cup 2s, there were people waiting a long time to get replacements on tires that arrived from the factory ruined, so they couldn't take delivery.

1LEThumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
GM didn't ship ZL1's, 1LE's, or cup tire Corvettes in the winter. They also sent a memo to all of the dealerships about having those cars outside during the colder conditions about cracking.

The race tires do it too. Just have to be really careful with them in the cold.

derpington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
GM didn't ship ZL1's, 1LE's, or cup tire Corvettes in the winter.
I don't know about the Camaros, but they definitely did ship Z07s during the winter, which resulted in a bunch of them cracking and consequently being replaced under warranty.
Sponsored