Sponsored

Door latch/striker adjustment limits?

Wookie107

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
I spent a considerable amount of time searching and didn't find an answer. How do you increase the adjustability of the door striker? Can you wallow out the door jamb holes? I forgot who the poster was on this forum, but they showed a pic of the striker removed and it had one oblong hole and a regular circle hole. That didn't appear to allow much adjustability. Furthermore, I think the striker bolts simply thread into the door jamb (thin sheet metal). There's no backing plate or nuts inside the jamb.
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I spent a considerable amount of time searching and didn't find an answer. How do you increase the adjustability of the door striker? Can you wallow out the door jamb holes? I forgot who the poster was on this forum, but they showed a pic of the striker removed and it had one oblong hole and a regular circle hole. That didn't appear to allow much adjustability. Furthermore, I think the striker bolts simply thread into the door jamb (thin sheet metal). There's no backing plate or nuts inside the jamb.
Here ya go, try this link (and within that thread are several other posts which may be beneficial to you RE: body panel alignment).:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...with-a-happy-ending.19261/page-3#post-2584373

OP
OP

Wookie107

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Thanks CJ. Your postings are/were very helpful, and they were the majority of what I researched last night, but they don't shed any light on the overall adjustability of the striker latch. Both my passenger and driver doors on my 2021 GT stick out about 3/16ths which is borderline to acceptable flushness. I would prefer FLUSH, or as close to 0 as possible. I'm certain I have them all the way in.

OP
OP

Wookie107

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
As follow up: I was able to adjust my passenger striker inward about 1mm (as much as it allowed). This got me almost flush. I’m happy with the fit now. One thing to note, it was obvious there’s a nut plate on the back of the passenger striker. There does not appear to be one on the drivers side? I wish I could get this side in just a mm more.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Glad to hear you were able to adjust.

I’m not aware of any design changes with the striker from 2015-2023…. Could there have been? Possibly but so far no one has posted up any details if there was a change.

I know on my prior 2016, I had to adjust both the passenger and driver side striker in towards the body to get a near seamless body line and better closing door.
Sponsored