Sponsored

Doesn't look like things will settle down for a while ?

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
Gotta love the collector car mentality . . .Where will it end?
Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 demand pushing up prices

The new Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 is already a classic. At least, it’s selling like one.

One of the high-performance coupes was recently sold at a Mecum Auction event in Kissimmee, Fla., for $115,000 – more than double its sticker price of $55,000.

And the winning bidder may have gotten a bargain. Only 100 GT350s and 37 two-seat GT350Rs were built last year, and the auction car, which was still in the wrapper, was one of only three that were painted blue with white racing stripes and equipped with the optional Track Pack.

But it’s not the only Mustang prancing around with a six-figure price tag. Another of the 2015 models is currently advertised by Van Bortel Ford in East Rochester, N.Y., for $149,500, and a 2016 GT350R that hasn’t even been built yet has been posted to Hemmings.com for $175,000. As of this writing, Cars.com lists three other 2016 GT350s with asking prices over $100,000 and dozens more for $80,000 and above.

While Ford hasn’t revealed how many GT350s it will build this year, production “will be consistent with the volumes of our previous performance Mustang, the Ford Shelby GT500,” a spokesman told FoxNews.com. Fewer than 6,000 of those were sold, so many of Ford’s roughly 3,100 dealers will be lucky to get their hands on just one GT350.

The GT350 isn’t the only American muscle car that’s seen these kinds of “market adjustments” added to their price in recent days. Markups on the similarly low-volume Dodge Challenger and Charger Hellcat models got so out of hand last year that the automaker, in an effort to encourage dealers to bring the prices down, had to update its allocation policy to penalize the ones who didn’t sell their cars in a timely fashion. Nevertheless, it’s still common to see the $65,000 cars listed for over $100,000.

The Ford spokesman said the company recommends that its dealers sell cars at the MSRP, but since they’re all independently owned, there’s only so much the company can do about it. That said, a leaked copy of its allocation program suggests that the more regular Mustangs the dealers sell, the more GT350s they get. The bonus for every three of those earned is a GT350R.
And while the GT350 is sold only in the United States and Canada, a similar situation is developing on the other side of the globe.

For the first time ever, Australia is getting factory-built right-hand-drive Mustangs, but not nearly enough of them. There’s a year-long waiting list for V8-powered Mustang GTs, and Cars Guide reports that dealers and “scalpers” are flipping the $57,490 (AUD) cars for as much as $30,000 over list.

Pony up.
http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2016/01/21/ford-mustang-shelby-gt350-demand-pushing-up-prices/
Sponsored

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
What a deep and informative bit of journalism. Tomorrow, he'll be writing about collectable salt shakers. :rolleyes:

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
Only 100 GT350s and 37 two-seat GT350Rs were built last model year
There. Fixed that for them.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
What a deep and informative bit of journalism. Tomorrow, he'll be writing about collectable salt shakers. :rolleyes:
You mean you dont like regurgitated garbage that isnt any different than whats been well known for the past 6 months?

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Well the car is THAT good and desirable... browse other non-Mustang forums and you'll see more often than not that other car enthusiasts really like or really want the new GT350. The demand will not drop off immediately. If dealers started selling these at sticker (or a low markup such as 5K or less) then nearly all new dealer stock units would literally be sold out by now.

Sponsored

Chomeo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Energi
so does anyone here know how the initial demand for the BOSS and GT500 were? similar to this version? Did the demands ever come down?

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
so does anyone here know how the initial demand for the BOSS and GT500 were? similar to this version? Did the demands ever come down?
It was exactly the same situation and demand was very high, ADM's etc. The only difference is that there were 3 Mustang models to choose from.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Plus now we have a real bonafide track ready car w/ near-exotic desirable components... i.e. high-rpm FPC, better unique brakes, IRS w/ MagRide, wider front, CF wheels, etc... etc.

Almost like a perfect storm... heck you have Porsche, M, and AMG guys who also want to acquire a GT350... like I said, that good! :thumbsup:

Chomeo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Energi
:frusty: damn it!

i was hoping to see..."nooo...demand eventually tailed off and dealers were begging people to come take them off the lot with incentives." :p my hunt for one continues!!

Sprintamx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Plus now we have a real bonafide track ready car w/ near-exotic desirable components... i.e. high-rpm FPC, better unique brakes, IRS w/ MagRide, wider front, CF wheels, etc... etc.

Almost like a perfect storm... heck you have Porsche, M, and AMG guys who also want to acquire a GT350... like I said, that good! :thumbsup:
Yes, us German fanboys are seeing the light!

Actually, I wanted to move several years ago. Glad I waited.

Sponsored

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Vs a Camaro ss?? This shouldn't even be a topic. You can pick up a new Camaro SS for $5k under MSRP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Well the car is THAT good and desirable... browse other non-Mustang forums and you'll see more often than not that other car enthusiasts really like or really want the new GT350. The demand will not drop off immediately. If dealers started selling these at sticker (or a low markup such as 5K or less) then nearly all new dealer stock units would literally be sold out by now.

What's wrong with that? They should sell for nothing over $5k msrp. It's ridiculous what they are asking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
Demand is only going up - reminds me of the Porsche GT3 (in fact have a look a their forums and you'll see them all searching for one too). There is nothing like it currently in production.
Sponsored