Sponsored

Does the GT350/GT350R have Rev Match?

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
IMO a defeatable rev match is one of those features that can help save the manuals. It can be turned on for those occasions where the driver would like some assistance, and turned off when the driver doesn't. There is absolutely no downside, other than maybe the need to put sensors in the transmission (although I feel that a purely software solution is possible with the appropriate warnings to the user).

But, my current car doesn't have it, so I'll survive. It is a nice feature though.

-T
Sponsored

mmm635

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Had a feeling this was going to turn into a case where those who can look down on those who can't. With some more time and practice, I'll get there. Till then I do think the rev match is a good tool to help. Love tracking my car and I'm capable on the track however I know I'm losing time at the end of the biggest straight where some trail braking makes things interesting. Maybe this season I'll finally learn to do it with enough confidence to get out of the tall gears at the end of the straight.
I can heel and toe and shift and have done so on the track for many, many miles - that is not the issue. It is about endurance lap after lap, not street light to street light. This is in reference to another post, not you.

The key to this is how to improve lap times. I have a GT4 and can tell you from personal experience that it will definitely help a driver throughout the day at the track and help save the drivetrain. Now, every 2-3 shifts in my GT3 with PDK gains a car length on a driver with a conventional manual - that is huge when you consider how many times you shift in one lap alone! The auto blip is just another tool to help quicken shifts over the long run and is cheaper to incorporate.

Last edited:

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I

But, my current car doesn't have it, so I'll survive. It is a nice feature though.

-T
I agree, I understand the merits of it and would not mind to have it as long as its defeat-able. Really depends if you are driving the car for pure enjoyment or really chasing lap times. With the speeds this car will be capable of, its just one last thing to worry about in high speed corners

Personal opinion aside, I don't think Ford will incorporate it next year, I dont see any major changes to the 2017

robb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Had a feeling this was going to turn into a case where those who can look down on those who can't. With some more time and practice, I'll get there. Till then I do think the rev match is a good tool to help. Love tracking my car and I'm capable on the track however I know I'm losing time at the end of the biggest straight where some trail braking makes things interesting. Maybe this season I'll finally learn to do it with enough confidence to get out of the tall gears at the end of the straight.
I didn't mean anything negative with my comment and apologize if it came out that way. I was mainly referring to daily driving which most of us do. Please accept my apology.

OP
OP

Macstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shelby GT500
I didn't mean anything negative with my comment and apologize if it came out that way. I was mainly referring to daily driving which most of us do. Please accept my apology.
Not needed man, it's all good.

Sponsored

TraKWeapon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack On Order
Rev matching will be part of the GT350 TracKey. :cheers:

arsenalrocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
is it for real?
I suppose its entirely possible, they already have all the position sensors in place so all they need is some software programming. and the owner can turn the feature off using the dash computer.

Rev matching will be part of the GT350 TracKey. :cheers:

gravedgr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I feel you. I'm not particularly good at heel-toe, and trail braking into turn 1 at Road Atlanta (off camber) in a 911 made for some pucker factor with my instructor a few times.

:headbonk: