Sponsored

Does anyone here use a clutch pedal extender

COYOTEV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 401A PP TY
I have it for more than a year and I love it. It makes the sitting position much more comfortable. I used to sit way too close to the steering wheel and my right leg rubbed against the console (at a setup when I could fully push down the clutch with the other leg).

I'm 5'9" btw.
Sponsored

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
Well yea but most people have equal length legs right?
Just imagine your clutch pedal is higher so you can sit back more but your right leg also move back now you can't go WOT on the gas anymore.
Takes more pressure to push the clutch than the gas pedal. I have Centerforce Dyad and it has a pretty robust feel to it.

That is what i met by my comment.

Thanks!

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
Does anyone here use a clutch pedal extender?

I’m only 5’6 so it’s tough for me to always sit so close to the steering wheel to press the clutch and it’s even more of a discomfort to get in and out of the car when my seat is too close to the steering wheel.

I want to buy one from AM but I’m curious to see if people here use it and if they have any type of issues with it.
I'm also 5'6", and I was able to adjust things up where it's not an issue for me :thumbsup: Maybe I've got longer legs than you? ;) With the telescoping steering wheel, I can put the wheel where it's really comfortable. The only thing that ticks me off is when you take the car into the dealer for service, and the techs always have to readjust the seat just so they can drive it :crazy: (wish the base package had memory seats!).

P.S. one thing I've noticed that makes life easier is adjusting the seat bottom as low as it will go...reminds me of how my '88 Fiero was from the factory! I realize that not everyone likes a low driving position...

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
Does anyone here use a clutch pedal extender?

I’m only 5’6 so it’s tough for me to always sit so close to the steering wheel to press the clutch and it’s even more of a discomfort to get in and out of the car when my seat is too close to the steering wheel.

I want to buy one from AM but I’m curious to see if people here use it and if they have any type of issues with it.
This exactly. I'm 6-2 and need the seat in the rearward most position to minimize smacking my fat head when entering. This seat position caused the clutch pedal to be a bit out of reach, and l did not like using the tips of my toes for pedal control. The extender resolved the issue just fine.

gzstang

Who's stang? It's gzstang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/performance pack
Vehicle Showcase
I used inch spacers behind the gas pedal mount which also helps.

Sponsored

Boddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
I have used the extension since I bought the car in January. I'm 5'8" and to be comfortable with the c;utch I had to have the seat all the way up and the seat tilted forward a bit. Made driving way too uncomfortable. The extension was a lifesaver that allowed me to sit more comfortably.

Diego Narwhal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 2015 GT PP
Another happy extender user here. I'm 6' but rather short-legged, and in order to fully depress the clutch pedal, I had to have the seat so far forward that everything else was cramped. Now it's perfect. My favorite mod yet :-)

Sponsored

JamesinLittleSilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Ecoboost Premium
What is this extender thing ... do I need one with a 36in inseam?
I love the leg room, first car that I felt like I could move the seat up, I have bought cars with a manual seat just to get the extra room. But if it helps get what helps you drive better.

OP
OP
Stormtrooper5.0

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
What is this extender thing ... do I need one with a 36in inseam?
I love the leg room, first car that I felt like I could move the seat up, I have bought cars with a manual seat just to get the extra room. But if it helps get what helps you drive better.
How tall are you? You may be one of a few who actually enjoy the seating position. But even guys over 6ft are needing the extender.
The thing is the clutch travels way too far back that many of us have to sit really close to fully depress the clutch. Sitting too close to the steering wheel is dangerous because of the air bag.

I was actually fine with it for a while until my body started hurting from all the twisting and turning I had to do to enter/exit the car and I didn’t want to always pull the seat back and forth everytime. Im not even old and I was getting lower back and upper right leg pain from all that twisting and turning lol.

I really can’t wait for this overpriced piece of plastic to come in the mail.

flubyu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I'm 5'10" and had one on my 13 that I swapped to my 15. it's a bit of a pain to get the pedal cover on at first but otherwise no issues and makes seating position much more comfortable.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I might look in to this. Right now I just move my seat closer.