Sponsored

Do you think Race Red exterior / Brown-Black seats would look good?

Rev_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
Any ideas?

We can't get that color combination in Europe, I'm not sure about USA.

I'm waiting for my Race Red Ecoboost, and I'm thinking about upholster the seats with brown leather after getting the car delivered.

Someone with a similar experience?
Sponsored

lazarus870

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I think black would look 10x better than brown.

WindveilNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium convertible
I tend to think the dark saddle looks great with silver and gunmetal and with blue or white. Also black. I have BMW white with darker brown (saddle) and it looks great and my Magnetic GT vert has the dark saddle leather (or it should when it arrives in a couple of weeks.). There is a silver 911 in my neighborhood with a much darker brown - a true coffee color and I expected it to look bad but it is stunning.

Pure reds tend to look better with a more tan interior. I have seen Corvettes in what is analogous to Mustang Ruby red and it looks good in tan and saddle, but better in tan.

This, of course, is just my opinion! Enjoy

OP
OP
Rev_B

Rev_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
I do like the "Bronze" leather interior. Ford just didn't allowed for that combination.

WindveilNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can I just say how cool it is to be having a conversation about Mustang interiors with someone in Portugal!

Sponsored

WindveilNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And Canada!

Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP Mustang GT
I think you can get the brick red seat option .....I have only seen brown seat option in blue and black. In Canada brick red is an option

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Bon dia

We all do what we like to our cars and you'll always find someone that doesn't like it but all that matters is yours. My OPINION is that it's not my choice but I've always had black interiors. just tint your windows dark enough so I can't see inside. :)

OP
OP
Rev_B

Rev_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
Yes, for the first time Ford sells the Mustang in Europe, and it's a success, even in Portugal. :cool:

However, for the price I have to pay here for the Ecoboost, I could have a V8 next door, in Spain. :frusty:

OP
OP
Rev_B

Rev_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
I think you can get the brick red seat option .....I have only seen brown seat option in blue and black. In Canada brick red is an option
Nope, no red seats here, not even an option.

Sponsored

Sunburst

Turtle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2000 Mustang (project car)
I think the "saddle" brown color or black would look great with red!

OP
OP
Rev_B

Rev_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
I think the "saddle" brown color or black would look great with red!
I think it too. But the guy at the upholstery thinks the Bronze Brown is too heavy / dark to match the bright red exterior, and he suggested a more "camel" tone, that indeed matches BMW saddle brown.

However, I would like to get the two tone seats as in Ford Bronze leather option, as only the front part is brown, the rest is black, as we know it.

I would like a more OEM look.

WindveilNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can get the red interior in the US, but I have not seen it. I would be concerned about it with a red car. It could look great. But, if the shades are off, it could be a mess. I have a silver 911 with red and black interior and it looks great. Red with white looks very good as well. But I saw the red interior (Carrera red) with a red exterior (guard red) and it looked like you tried to get it to match and failed - not a good look for $125,000. US.

The beauty of black is it looks at least OK with everything. The ceramic looks good in some colors, but I worry about a light color (even though for us convertible fans, it is a real plus - the black leather on my S197 caused burns more than once.

I don't think that it will look bad - Ford spends a lot of money on having designers look this over and over because they don't want to put out a product that is unattractive. That is why, at least here in the US where we seem to have 4 choices of interior colors, other than black, none are available with every exterior color. I doubt Ford is doing that for any reason other than, in its opinion, certain combinations are not great.

So if they offer it, objectively (as any inherently subjective thing can be) the combo will not be a disaster. As someone else said, it is really about what you think and what puts a big grin on your face!