Do we have hid auto level?

1024GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Sorry,
Still learning about this car but:
My previous M3 and wife's Cadillac headlights always move and then center when starting the car. These don't seem to move ...is that right?
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT
No the S550 Mustang doesn't have auto leveling HIDs or ones that swivel with steering turn.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
No not the US version.
European version has a low beam cut-off height adjustability.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
What exactly this means? When I switch to low beam, the lights show lower?
Face your car towards the side of a building. When you have your regular (low beam) headlights turned on, look at the light pattern on the building. See how high up the building the lights can go. You can adjust this height higher or lower if you wanted. Higher would raise the light pattern up on the side of the building. Lower would lower the light pattern on the side of the building.

OP, if you want auto leveling headlights, you have to go luxury car. BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, etc.

Sponsored

Gnade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 2016
Face your car towards the side of a building. When you have your regular (low beam) headlights turned on, look at the light pattern on the building. See how high up the building the lights can go. You can adjust this height higher or lower if you wanted. Higher would raise the light pattern up on the side of the building. Lower would lower the light pattern on the side of the building.

OP, if you want auto leveling headlights, you have to go luxury car. BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, etc.
So in short...EU version has manual adjustability?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
As said, no US S550 has the leveling function. I’m not sure how difficult it would be to add; but last linked thread has some info.

This thread has an image of the Euro headlight switch:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/headlight-switch-w-manual-headlamp-levelling.38760/

Largest thread on here discussing the Euro headlight behaviors:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/lights-behaviour-in-euro-spec-mustang.21912/

Some discussions converting the US over to the Euro leveling:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/whats-wrong-with-my-automatic-lamp.92528/
Sponsored