Do not buy from Nalley Ford in Roswell, GA

gravedgr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
This is the second time I have tried to buy from Nalley. When I bought my Tacoma, we worked out a deal with Nalley Toyota for an "on the way" truck that was "due from the factory in 2-3 days". Instead, I found out they were calling around the SE shopping for my configuration and color (I know, because I spoke to several dealers they tried to shop from - I chose an uncommon color). They never had any ability to delivery on their signed sales agreement, so I walked away (they told me they could get it in 1-2 weeks when I called them on it).

Fast forward to last fall. On a recommendation from 6G, I called Thom Hostetter @ Nalley Ford and inquired about open allocations. I was able to get "the last one" for a $5k ADM. It was scheduled for a Q4 build, I was told. In Feb. '16, I was told the order had been selected by the regional rep to be built. 30 days later, it was still in unscheduled material hold.

Given the delay, and the issues with the Tech Pack cars, I asked about giving my order to someone else and getting first dibs on a 2017 allocation. No problem, as they had a line for their 2016 allocations. When I emailed them the pricing info inquiring about the new prices, I was told the 2017 R would have a $20k ADM and the 2017 non-R would have a $15k ADM. Because of my special situation, they would let me have it for "only $10k ADM".

This is my last ever dealings with any Nalley business and I will do my best to ensure none of my friends are ever suckered into a business arrangement with them.
Sponsored

Dmk08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 M3
This is the second time I have tried to buy from Nalley. When I bought my Tacoma, we worked out a deal with Nalley Toyota for an "on the way" truck that was "due from the factory in 2-3 days". Instead, I found out they were calling around the SE shopping for my configuration and color (I know, because I spoke to several dealers they tried to shop from - I chose an uncommon color). They never had any ability to delivery on their signed sales agreement, so I walked away (they told me they could get it in 1-2 weeks when I called them on it).

Fast forward to last fall. On a recommendation from 6G, I called Thom Hostetter @ Nalley Ford and inquired about open allocations. I was able to get "the last one" for a $5k ADM. It was scheduled for a Q4 build, I was told. In Feb. '16, I was told the order had been selected by the regional rep to be built. 30 days later, it was still in unscheduled material hold.

Given the delay, and the issues with the Tech Pack cars, I asked about giving my order to someone else and getting first dibs on a 2017 allocation. No problem, as they had a line for their 2016 allocations. When I emailed them the pricing info inquiring about the new prices, I was told the 2017 R would have a $20k ADM and the 2017 non-R would have a $15k ADM. Because of my special situation, they would let me have it for "only $10k ADM".

This is my last ever dealings with any Nalley business and I will do my best to ensure none of my friends are ever suckered into a business arrangement with them.
Yeah Nalley is terrible. They quoted me 20k ADM for GT350 and 40k For the R two days ago..

ThreeFiveO

Chassis #1356
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350 Track Pack
Sorry to hear that Doug. I never bought anything from those guys but they seemed really want my business when adm was only 5k. Thom did tell me that things had changed for the worse after Nalley acquired them a couple of years ago.
Tidwell in Kenessaw was great to deal with. Scott Sabulsky was my contact there. They only had 2 cars for 2016 and sold them for msrp. A good friend of mine is talking to Scott about a 2017 but doesn't have any pricing info from them yet.
I kind of thought that adm's would have dropped on non-R models by now but it doesn't appear that way.
I do not blame anyone for flaming a dealer if he changes pricing mid stream.

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
The market is getting tougher, used ones are going for well over msrp right now.

Sponsored

Dmk08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 M3
The market is getting tougher, used ones are going for well over msrp right now.
Only took me 2 days to find multiple at $2500-$5k over for 17. Im still holding out at MSRP. $20k is ridiculous. You can almost get a GT4 for that ;)

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Only took me 2 days to find multiple at $2500-$5k over for 17. Im still holding out at MSRP. $20k is ridiculous. You can almost get a GT4 for that ;)
You can't, but I get your point ;) Eh, I see you said "almost". Ok, then ;)

ir0nxchefx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350 DiB, NB Focus RS
I ordered a RS from nalley, and I think I am on salesman number 4. They arent doing so hot and have gone through a lot of turnover.....they have a race red 350 in their show room and nobody would tell me what their adm was on it....and they wonder why I went somewhere else to get my 350.

Dmk08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 M3
You can't, but I get your point ;) Eh, I see you said "almost". Ok, then ;)
Gt4 MSRP is 84. I have a local friend who has purchased two of them at MSRP now. So you kinda can ... Almost ;)

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Sorry to hear grave. Hope everything works out for you.

Sponsored

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
lol @ ADM on 2017 models

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Only 5k ADM would be nice! I cant get anyone to budge from 15K to 20K ADM near DC/Virginia.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Only 5k ADM would be nice! I cant get anyone to budge from 15K to 20K ADM near Virginia.
I think it's common that people have to go out of their way, sometimes out of state and further for the better deals :shrug:

OP
OP
gravedgr

gravedgr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I ordered a RS from nalley, and I think I am on salesman number 4. They arent doing so hot and have gone through a lot of turnover.....they have a race red 350 in their show room and nobody would tell me what their adm was on it....and they wonder why I went somewhere else to get my 350.
That's probably the 2016 I ordered and passed on. I thought they had a line of prospective buyers behind me, but maybe not if they upped the ADM on the '16 models too.

Either way, what is frustrating is that I wanted to do business with them. I was willing to pay their ADM even after I found better deals elsewhere, because a) I wanted the configuration I wanted; and b) I wanted to buy local and get to know the guys that work there and who would service my car.

How many industries do you have where customers are coming to you and trying to work with you and you do your best to drive them away, all for a few extra bucks? Dealers know that good will is something that a) improves the bottom line and b) can be thrown away easily, despite huge marketing spends.

:frusty:
Sponsored