• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dirty Backside (Mustang GT with Performance Pack)?

RaceRedder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse HP
I have the same problem. That rear panel with the GT emblem gets dirtier than any other part of the car. Some of it sticks and is hard to get off. I'm going to get PPF on the front part of the car eventually, and I may have them do that one panel at the back if they can work around the emblem.
They will remove the emblem and put it back after ppf is attached.
Sponsored

The Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium Fastback
They will remove the emblem and put it back after ppf is attached.
Is that doable without ruining them? When I replaced the factory ones they got a bit bent during removal, and the adhesive was goners. Iā€™d probably just skip it if I have to buy another emblem.

RaceRedder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse HP
Is that doable without ruining them? When I replaced the factory ones they got a bit bent during removal, and the adhesive was goners. Iā€™d probably just skip it if I have to buy another emblem.
Everything can bend shen using too much force. Companies who remove badges all the time. They know how to remove it without any damage. Putting adhesive afterwards is also no issue

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
As did I.

First time using a foam cannon. I'm sure I'll learn how to tweak things to my liking the more I use it, but it did good.

Used my Dewalt DCBL722B 450 CFM blower. Still had plenty on the 5AH battery when I was done. If it would have run out, I have half a dozen backups ... :like:

Amazon guy delivered my detailing stool just before I got started. It went up ~$5 since I ordered it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B097DGQTLP
Big wheels rolls the best than the damn small wheels especially over the cement grooves!

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,
Mine gets really dusty, really fast, so I had my PPF guy put PPF protection on the back panel of the trunk to protect the paint.

My installer said the badges were easy to remove, I had that rear section done in addition to the "track pack" install.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I'm going to get PPF on the front part of the car eventually, and I may have them do that one panel at the back if they can work around the emblem.
I don't have a photo of my rear valance, but do of the side emblem.

The detailer I worked with was an XPEL franchisee; this gave them access to vehicle templates which could be used with a plotter and software. Other brands of protecting materials might have similar programs and systems.

To protect the S550 shiny, rear black plastic valance, I had them PPF it. The coverage around the emblem is the same as the attached. It's one example* of what's possible.

An additional option with the team I worked with was to remove emblems, mirrors, trim, etc. and then install the PPF. If someone wants a car with PPF that looks like it doesn't have PPF, no matter how you look at it, this can be done. But it is expen$$$ive, often done with high-end cars. For one panel, meh. Maybe not so much.

When cleaning these areas or the car in-general, it's best to move in one direction. For example, if washing, move from left-to-right with the mitt. No circles or waves.

PPF on the area mentioned has done very well. The rear valance is still flawless.

* The attached was intentionally taken to capture how the PPF went around the emblem. If casually walking by the car and looking at it, even in bright light, you generally cannot tell it's there until just inches from the surface.

Edit: attaching two more pics. One, how it can show approaching a decal. Another, around an area like the gas cap or mirror.

But ya, discuss with whomever you're looking at working with, tour their shop and see examples. It'll give you a feel for what's possible and the quality of their craftsmanship.

S650 Mustang Dirty Backside (Mustang GT with Performance Pack)? 20220726_133756(0)

S650 Mustang Dirty Backside (Mustang GT with Performance Pack)? 20220726_133818

S650 Mustang Dirty Backside (Mustang GT with Performance Pack)? 20220726_133852

Last edited:

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,
After reading Skye's post I went and check mine as I also used an Xpel installer. The badges on the quarter panels were removed but the rear badge was a template.

S650 Mustang Dirty Backside (Mustang GT with Performance Pack)? n4NeVMm

S650 Mustang Dirty Backside (Mustang GT with Performance Pack)? TGzY5cu

Tomasfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
I don't have the PP, but I have the big Brembos. I aggree with the dirt/dust. Thinking it it pulling all the Brembo brake dust up the back. I have been just using little detail spray and wiping it down periodically.
Sponsored