Sponsored

Diode Dynamics S550 Mustang Rear LED Side Markers Are Here!

What type of lens do you prefer?

• Red

Votes: 74 33.9%
  • Smoked

Votes: 110 50.5%
  • Clear

Votes: 34 15.6%

• Total voters

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
Just received mine in the mail, going to be installing these tomorrow morning.

I compared both sets - I actually cannot tell which set is which, it doesn't look like there's any visible differences. Maybe the RF shield is beneath the heat shrink wrap...

Either way, I'm extremely happy with them!

Now if only I can get my switchbacks to work just as well...
I think it it's inside the housing behide the LED strip, since it was only happening when the LED's were lit. They just had to reduce the noise enough to not mess up the RF signal from the remote from far away. Didn't interfere really when up close.
Sponsored

GTPaT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2003 Sequoia
DRKHORS, Redline727 and GTPat. What colors are yours. They are telling me that they don't have any smoked replacements in stock. Wondering if its just a color thing or if I'm getting the run around. I thought it would be easier to get the replacements since I am local.
Mine are Red. Wait time was about 4 weeks.

Stripes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT 401a + Roush AB, MRT H-Pipe
I put them in and they work perfectly! Can't wait to see these at night, they look like the car came with it!

MANDARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16>GT Base>Magnetic>PP
I installed my revised side markers today. Now my keyfob and touch sensor locks are functioning like they are supposed to!!!! Great work DD, thanks for resolving the problem!

PhillMcKraken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
Got my replacements with the radio interference fix.

ZERO issues. I tried and tried and cant reproduce the problem I had with my originals. Buy with confidence!

Sponsored

Bonafide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT PP
Thanks for those that responded to my post. I'm in line now for the replacements and don't mind waiting. I just thought it was weird before when they just told me that they didn't have smoke and left it at that.

blk_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CO 2015 GT PP
Installed my revised smoked lenses tonight and zero issues as far as i can tell....Thanks DD for the great customer support!

Something interesting to note as well is that on my old set, the passenger side had some LEDS out and the strip was noticeably smaller than the driver side. Not sure what was up with that.

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Metallic V6, 1970 mustang convertible
I installed the clear one on my mustang...yes they are a little tight to take out, but was able to do it by hand (piano player so strong fingers)...look so much better than stock.

Diode dynamics...you've done it...again...

I think almost all my lights on the car are from you guys...thanks :D

CoolRod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Just pulled the trigger on a set of smoked side markers for my Guard (hope this will look good), clutch spring and vanity LED's.
Placed my order from Steeda on 4/15, still waiting (received the clutch spring)...

ponie1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red PP GT
FYI for you guys, I just installed my 3rd set this morning. First 2 sets all got moisture inside. I applied clear silicone all the around these new ones. Hopefully, this will help keep the moisture out and no LEDs will burn out.

Sponsored

Ultimateone

Yes is that's guy /\
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F32 435i Xdrive
FYI for you guys, I just installed my 3rd set this morning. First 2 sets all got moisture inside. I applied clear silicone all the around these new ones. Hopefully, this will help keep the moisture out and no LEDs will burn out.
really? hmm I just ordered I hope I don't any any issues...

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT(sold), 17 1LE
My drivers side has this issue and some of the LEDs have gone out. Quite a few on our facebook group have had similar issues. DD is always good with replacing them though.

JB1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Is anyone still having issues with these LED side markers?.....I was going to order a set but after reading this thread I have some reservations on the quality and longevity of them.

DRKHORS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang, '17 Mustang, '18 F150, '23 Mustang GT
Is anyone still having issues with these LED side markers?.....I was going to order a set but after reading this thread I have some reservations on the quality and longevity of them.
I have the latest redesigned version and have no issues with them whatsoever. And if I ever do, I'm comfortable with Diode Dynamics reputation for taking care of the customer and resolving the issue!
Sponsored