Sponsored

Differences between OZ vs U.S. spec PP GT

FIXR7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
'93 Range Rover Rogue 351 powered, '17 Ruby GT, '99 XH V8-S ute, '69 Mercury Cougar XR7 S-code, '96 XH Ex-pork van
Vehicle Showcase

Attachments

SteamPlane

Car, beer & whisky nerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White GT Convertible
Great job compiling this. We miss a few good things, but not as many as I expected.

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
We miss on a lot of things, truly a lot. I thought I was finally over it then I saw this thread and like pavlov's dog I am close to losing it again.

It has nearly made me sell the car multiple times :frusty:

IngoStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Fastback Velocity Blue
We miss on a lot of things, truly a lot. I thought I was finally over it then I saw this thread and like pavlov's dog I am close to losing it again.

What sets you off to the point of wanting to sell it? The DRL's? Sequential tails, or is it deeper for you? Granted we miss out on a few things but it doesn't take away from my enjoyment of owning this vehicle..... of course , opinions vary so Im curious

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
What sets you off to the point of wanting to sell it? The DRL's? Sequential tails, or is it deeper for you? Granted we miss out on a few things but it doesn't take away from my enjoyment of owning this vehicle..... of course , opinions vary so Im curious
Yes answer him qj... Put up a pic of your bloody ford print at the same time.

Sponsored

SteamPlane

Car, beer & whisky nerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White GT Convertible

I'm a bit glass half-full myself.

I got to order a V8 Mustang from a Ford dealer with Australian compliance plates at a very reasonable price and I've still got something that is cooler than just about anything on the market. And there are more Aston Martins floating around this country than there are S550 Mustangs.

Despite some compromises, big win I think.

My $0.02 – your milage may vary.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FIXR7

FIXR7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
'93 Range Rover Rogue 351 powered, '17 Ruby GT, '99 XH V8-S ute, '69 Mercury Cougar XR7 S-code, '96 XH Ex-pork van
Vehicle Showcase
We miss out on some things but gain others so it's not bad for a 62k car that's fully imported. I'm glad the performance basics are there. I don't care that we don't get the stiffer springs either because the height of any factory car is always too high in the first place so, coil-overs are always on the cards for my car. I would have liked to at least be able to option the 3.73's and Torsen diff but that's it.

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
Is that a base GT PP? Might be interesting to get the same for a US "Premium" PP car, and compare with the two

stasik-a4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
We miss out on some things but gain others so it's not bad for a 62k car that's fully imported. I'm glad the performance basics are there. I don't care that we don't get the stiffer springs either because the height of any factory car is always too high in the first place so, coil-overs are always on the cards for my car. I would have liked to at least be able to option the 3.73's and Torsen diff but that's it.
Mine has stiffer springs :)

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
What final drive do we actually get?
Please ignore. 3.55 is the answer.
Not much in it really. You'd be pulling about what, 6% more rpm?

Sponsored
OP
OP
FIXR7

FIXR7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What final drive do we actually get?
Please ignore. 3.55 is the answer.
Not much in it really. You'd be pulling about what, 6% more rpm?
3.73's and the Torsen make all the difference in acceleration especially with engine mods. So it'd be nice if they were already there.

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT convertible Oxford White
Thia is the list of Performance Pack items, we get everything but the strut tower brace, gauge pack and 3.73/Torsen diff.

Obviously there are other spec differences between our vehicles and the American cars.
Screenshot_20160811-054720~2.jpg

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
What would the torsten diff be worth to import and fit up - should be a direct swap right?

OP
OP
FIXR7

FIXR7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I notice mine says std duty front springs. Once again is this just terminology and it means it has springs std for the performance pack or does it mean we have Standard springs?

OP
OP
FIXR7

FIXR7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase