Sponsored

Did someone throw shade at you because you're a twenty-something?

thehygienist

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
IRISH
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT350
This thread is for all the 20-something or younger drivers of the GT350 who worked really hard to buy a GT350, haven't been told they are in a mid-life crisis, and somebody threw shade at you. Now you have your own thread!
Sponsored

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
Might be a short thread... How many guys on here under 30 own a GT350? I'm a 32 something oops I shouldn't have posted in here :frusty: Might be a good opportunity for everyone to just post up their age so you can see the wide range of ages on here. I'd bet the majority are >35.

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
A 20-something millennial who works hard is a false premise. It'll be easier to locate Sasquatch :D. And before you get your panties in a bunch I'm kidding...sort of.
You're pretty spot on though unfortunately... Yes there are some that work their asses off to get the nicer things in life. BUT "In 2014, for the first time in more than 130 years, adults ages 18 to 34 were slightly more likely to be living in their parents’ home than they were to be living with a spouse or partner in their own household." http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2016...r-living-arrangements-for-18-to-34-year-olds/

If there's a 20 something on here with a GT350 they pretty much fit into 2 categories. Either they're a part of that statistic and mommy and daddy still buy them whatever they want even though all they do is play video games all day and go to bed at 3am, OR they're hard working and contributing to society busting their ass to be able to buy the better things in life. Much respect for those of you that fit in the latter category but if there's anyone here in the first category, shut down the game on your second monitor, pull up careerbuilder.com and get out there and make something of yourself :rant: Mommy and Daddy can only carry your extra weight for so long and besides they want to be empty nesters not 70 still working a 9-5 to support your lazy ass... OK I'm done ruining another thread with my Dr. Phill bullshit :lol:

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
what i've always found with age is that its like drivers on the highway... when someone is younger than you and has nice things people always say they were spoiled, never had to work for it, silver spoon etc, when someone is older and has nice things they are having a mid life crisis, chasing their youth blah blah blah...

Drivers on the highway, anyone driving slower than you is doesn't know how to f-in drive, anyone going faster than you is an idiot and is going to cause an accident.

Sponsored

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
You're pretty spot on though unfortunately... Yes there are some that work their asses off to get the nicer things in life. BUT "In 2014, for the first time in more than 130 years, adults ages 18 to 34 were slightly more likely to be living in their parents’ home than they were to be living with a spouse or partner in their own household." http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2016...r-living-arrangements-for-18-to-34-year-olds/

If there's a 20 something on here with a GT350 they pretty much fit into 2 categories. Either they're a part of that statistic and mommy and daddy still buy them whatever they want even though all they do is play video games all day and go to bed at 3am, OR they're hard working and contributing to society busting their ass to be able to buy the better things in life. Much respect for those of you that fit in the latter category but if there's anyone here in the first category, shut down the game on your second monitor, pull up careerbuilder.com and get out there and make something of yourself :rant: Mommy and Daddy can only carry your extra weight for so long and besides they want to be empty nesters not 70 still working a 9-5 to support your lazy ass... OK I'm done ruining another thread with my Dr. Phill bullshit :lol:
Oh god - please please please don't make this one of those threads where the old argue with the young. I can already see the writing on the wall and it says "locked thread"

viva_brasil

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nik
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT
There's a statistic missing which is what cars appeal to young people. I'm under 30 and I think most of my friends who can afford this car would get something else - something with more utility, fit and finish, and efficiency. I think I'm the exception, not in being able to buy the car but in wanting to buy this specific car. There are a bunch of people under 30 that are doing well, they just don't spend their money on a GT350.

Edit: and to OP's question: haters gonna hate man. But if you're dressing like some high schooler (and potentially look like one) and driving an expensive car - expect to get weird looks and / or comments.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
A 20-something millennial who works hard is a false premise. It'll be easier to locate Sasquatch :D. And before you get your panties in a bunch I'm kidding...sort of.
I'm still grinning after having read this. Dude, you crushed it.

Drivers on the highway, anyone driving slower than you is doesn't know how to f-in drive, anyone going faster than you is an idiot and is going to cause an accident.
Shit. The voice in my head has escaped and is now posting on the web.

Already grinning from Driver 8's post up above and now laughing from this post. My face hurts.

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
What is throwing shade...

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood

DirtRoadTrip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I turn 32 in ~2 weeks, so like [MENTION=17713]ARS1[/MENTION], I'm not in either category...

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
I'm 45. I don't get the lingo either.
Good to know I am not alone. I am 34. I am hopeful that once I know the lingo I choose to never use it.

KiLLeR2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 240SX, '17 GT350
I might fall into a weird statistic here. Bought my GT350 at age 28. Just recently turned 29. I'm still living at home, but for good reason. I essentially take care of most of the bills here currently. My mom is disabled, she cannot work. My dad ended up getting cancer, lost his job, had foot problems, had to have extensive surgery done, the list goes on and on. Well my dad recovered from the cancer and got another job, although the pay isn't that great. I will probably stay at home until I know my dad can take care of all the bills without any stress.

But on a lighter note, my entire family are all Ford nuts. My dad included. I remember as a kid he would always talk about Mustangs and how someday he would like to own one. Well when I was preparing to buy my GT350 I told absolutely no one. Then one day I showed up with the car and my dad couldn't believe it. Even though its my car, I bought it for him too. He still hasn't taken it for a spin yet, I will probably wait until the recall work is done on the oil lines, by then the car will be all broken in.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Nothing weird about that. You are taking care of family in best way possible - being there when they need you most. Good job.
Sponsored