Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I purchased a utility cart about 5 years ago for detailing.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003B800JE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
It's been "ok" but really felt like i needed some upgrades and additional spaces for rags, tools, etc.
Watched several videos on the Griots Garage Ultimate Detailing Cart and was almost ready to pull the trigger. The thing that gave me pause was the top shelf of the cart; I did a bit of additional research and found out that the top shelf has no depth to it at all- you have to install/purchase the red add-on unit which provides spaces for detailing bottles, brushes, etc. I was not impressed with it and personally felt like it wasted some valuable space and restricted what you could put in there. It was also taller and a bit wider and I did not want to take up more space or bigger foot print.
I watched a video review by Auto Fanatic on the Griot's cart and got a really close look at all that is included. I decided to purchase the baskets separately and also pickup the tool bar holder and spray bottle holders that are mentioned in the video.
The baskets clipped unto the edge of the cart, but ended up securing them with bolts and wing nuts for extra stability. They can be removed easily for cleaning.
I ended up painting the spray bottle holders gray as the white stood out too much in my opinion. Have not gotten around to reloading the cart with all my supplies as it is winter and not doing much for detailing. May add additional photos come spring
I am including a link to the video below along with pics of my finished cart.

20221230_225615975_iOS.jpg
20221230_225621540_iOS.jpg
20221230_225629255_iOS.jpg
20221230_225642113_iOS.jpg
20221230_225657708_iOS.jpg
20221231_020812931_iOS.jpg
20230101_225900680_iOS.jpg
Sponsored

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
Looks good!

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
That looks really good.

I have the Maxshine version of that Griot's cart.

IMG-1362.jpg

IMG-1366.jpg

I would really like to add the additional side baskets and brush holder to mine, where abouts did you get them from?

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
That looks really good.

I have the Maxshine version of that Griot's cart.

IMG-1362.jpg

IMG-1366.jpg

I would really like to add the additional side baskets and brush holder to mine, where abouts did you get them from?
Pad and towel bins (small and large set)
Ultimate Detailing Cart Pad & Towel Bins - Griot's Garage (griotsgarage.com)

Brush Tool Holder:
Amazon.com: Casabella Wall Mount, Large, Black/Silver : Health & Household

If you wash the auto Fanatic video I posted at the beginning he goes over these accessories pretty well.
The only thing I don't like is that there is not depth to the shelves... they are very shallow, so you can't really place tall items on them without having the bottle holders...
Beautiful Cart though aestically

Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the reply.

I was kinda hoping you wouldn't say that as we don't have any access to Griot's products in the backwater of a country. :facepalm:

The search continues, although I have found a little something different to add to my cart.
Do you want me to order you a set and then ship them to you?

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Thanks for the reply.

I was kinda hoping you wouldn't say that as we don't have any access to Griot's products in the backwater of a country. :facepalm:

The search continues, although I have found a little something different to add to my cart.
I'll see how the mods I have coming workout and let you know.
This is something I had an eye before this thread surfaced, but not for this use.

https://refractccp.com.au/collectio...ts/refract-garage-wall-hook-storage-board-kit

IMG_6635.jpg

Looking at the specs again, I noticed this would fit perfectly between the upper and lower shelves of my cart. When it arrived, I also noticed the mounting points were conveniently aligned to make installation a breeze.

IMG_6699.jpg

The kit comes with several of each type of attachment, including a towel or bottle rail, brush clamps, towel hooks, single and double arms.

IMG_6701.jpg

IMG_6702.jpg

This modification still allows access to the middle shelf from behind. As you can see, I also use the cart to store my blower/dryer. Having bottles hanging from the rail also frees up space on the top shelf, which will come in handy when I'm polishing.

I will note that I don't store products or tools on this cart. I typically load up the cart with the tools and chemicals I will be using on a detail and then put them back away in the cabinet afterwards.

I love it when a plan comes together! :rockon: