Derp Viking shock adjustment question

ero 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt 5.0
So i just installed a pair of Viking Warrior rear shocks on my s550. The rear end is super loose and floaty. They might not be set right.

So when people say they set the compression for 3, does that mean you turn the dial all the way to the left (minus side) then 3 clicks clockwise towards the positive side? Thanks.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ero 5.0

ero 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt 5.0
and obviously the higher the number = the stiffer the shock right? or do I have it completely backwards???

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Full counterclockwise is full loose.

Full clockwise is full stiff.

When I tell people to run 3C / 5R - this means, starting from full counterclockwise (loose) - turn the knobs 3 clicks on the C, and 5 clicks on the R, clockwise.

OP
OP
ero 5.0

ero 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt 5.0
Thank you very much

Higgs Boson

Detonation Denotation
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350R
my viking crusaders are very clattery and make knocking noises. is this normal??

i also noticed that one of the snap rings holding the lower bushing came loose and is all the way out by the mounting bolt (but that's a separate issue).

called viking and they were not much help. actually they were no help, lol. they just said, they are the new design so we don't know what it is, sorry.

Sponsored

Evo_Rob

Mmm... Boost...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I run 6C and 8R and it's pretty stable now

OP
OP
ero 5.0

ero 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt 5.0
hmmm, I hear a lot of people starting at 3/5, but i was thinking that might be too soft too. I like a pretty stiff suspension. I have pro kit springs as well. Not for track, but just hard street driving. Think I should go stiffer that 3/5? I dont really worry about ride quality.

OP
OP
ero 5.0

ero 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt 5.0
I guess its just trial and error, just a pain in the ass cuz I dont have jacks at my house, lol...

Evo_Rob

Mmm... Boost...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I guess its just trial and error, just a pain in the ass cuz I dont have jacks at my house, lol...
It's a pain, but you should be able to reach around behind the rear tires and up through the RLCA to twist the dials. That's how I do it. I just have to go full counterclockwise and then count the clicks as I go.

Dramad1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, PP, Blk
I'm having some slight bouncyness with mine and need to try to dial them. Currently set at 3c 5r, on bmr handling springs front and back and handling shocks. Should I reverse my setting to 5c/3r. Any recommendations on settings to help get rid of this slight bouncyness?
Car feels good but occasionally I will hit a small dip or uneven patch in the road and I get this slight bouncyness like I cut my springs type bounce. I lost my paperwork that came with the shocks and inside I believe it had recommended settings and talks of how to adjust for different applications. Want to dial it in for street use. Help.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ero 5.0

ero 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt 5.0
It's a pain, but you should be able to reach around behind the rear tires and up through the RLCA to twist the dials. That's how I do it. I just have to go full counterclockwise and then count the clicks as I go.
Thanks, havent taken a look yet, and wasnt sure if the rear wheels had to be removed to adjust em or not. Thanks again.

Evo_Rob

Mmm... Boost...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'm having some slight bouncyness with mine and need to try to dial them. Currently set at 3c 5r, on bmr handling springs front and back and handling shocks. Should I reverse my setting to 5c/3r. Any recommendations on settings to help get rid of this slight bouncyness?
Car feels good but occasionally I will hit a small dip or uneven patch in the road and I get this slight bouncyness like I cut my springs type bounce. I lost my paperwork that came with the shocks and inside I believe it had recommended settings and talks of how to adjust for different applications. Want to dial it in for street use. Help.
Try 6C/8R. It stops the bumpiness, but it'll have a slightly harder ride. just slightly.
Thanks, havent taken a look yet, and wasnt sure if the rear wheels had to be removed to adjust em or not. Thanks again.
No problem. Here to share the wealth!

OP
OP
ero 5.0

ero 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt 5.0
So I got mine up on ramps. They were set to C:1 R:2 lol. So I changed em to 5/7 and its an entirely different car. Handles great. Stoked! Thanks.

Evo_Rob

Mmm... Boost...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Haha, i bet that did make quite a difference! lol

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
I have mine set to 2c/4r and will see how it does at the track. On the street it's not the greatest, but it's not horrible. Then again I don't drive it too much anyways.
Sponsored