Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.r1jester.com
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
In production for the 2016's? That would mean you have a VIN already then?

Sorry, I'm just confused ....I would start to assume the 2015's will be delivered by Sep 2015.

I expected the first 2016's to start coming out around October/November...
Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
ok Ladies...the latest update...just hung up with Ford Performance (you could tell the guy was tired of talking about the GT350 lol) Latest delivery date the week of August 31st. 2016 #106FYI
I am sure that Mike and his team at FP are just as tired and frustrated as we all are regarding the delays on the 2015 cars let alone the upcoming 2016's.

Do you recall who you were talking to at FP?

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sdsaathoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT350, GT350R HEP, GT500 HE CFTP, 23 Raptor R
I didn't get one. But I heard the 2015 first edition cars shipped later than some of the standard ones because of the additional qc checks on those. I sat in one, then a standard GT and it was evident that the first edition was better built. I'm kinda ok with a longer wait for higher quality. Although I'm getting a bit antsy as well....

Readfast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
17 F350 King Ranch, 17 Focus RS
ok Ladies...the latest update...just hung up with Ford Performance (you could tell the guy was tired of talking about the GT350 lol) Latest delivery date the week of August 31st. 2016 #106FYI
That's weird I called yesterday at 4:30 and talked to Aron at FP and he said the production date for the 1st 2016 was the week of the 31st. And that delivery (if all goes well) would be mid to late September. I have vin 108. He told me an estimated delivery of 9/19.

Sorry to be a downer but I think either you misunderstood or he told you delivery, but meant production date. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think so. And since our cars are 106 & 108. They should be building them at the same time.

And yes those poor guys are probably ready for these vehicles to get shipped.

350Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 C10 2021 GT PP M6
FP told me yesterday that the shipping dates in the system are all wrong, so I wouldn't read to into it until they say it's shipped.

Sponsored

rgvanover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Russ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I think it just shows they do not know....

OP
OP
Bossing

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Mike from FP updated me a few hours ago. Still shows ETA of 8/17 for my '15 but he says it'll be delayed another week at a minimum due to ongoing QC. Their system updates again mid-late next week so that's a good time to call back to follow-up. Btw for mine, it states delivery via 'convoy' and he said this indicates transport, not rail.

Mustang Mike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
13 ZL1 vert
Latest update I have is scheduled to be shipped from plant to dealer with ETA between 8/11-17. How about you guys?

For anyone who's GT350 has shipped in transit, let us know on the forum asap please... so we can gauge delivery timeframes,etc.

The update I attached still remains the same since a week ago:

:cheers:
Dealer called today to let me know production scheduled for week of 8/31 and VIN#. Last four of VIN is 0404 Does anyone know if this is the build sequence number for my car?

rgvanover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Russ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I've had the vin since June 7th for a 2016. I did not make a mistake on what they said, which was "in production" the exact meaning of that...well...I don't know. Agreed, "Shipped" is the info we all need!lol.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I've had the vin since June 7th for a 2016. I did not make a mistake on what they said, which was "in production" the exact meaning of that...well...I don't know. Agreed, "Shipped" is the info we all need!lol.
It just meant it had been formally scheduled. They were still building the 2015s in late july and did not start most of the 2016s until this month

Sponsored

Readfast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
17 F350 King Ranch, 17 Focus RS
I'm sorry I wasn't implying that you where wrong. It just seems like everyone gets a little different info. I too recieved my vin early June. I have another source:ninja: (not FP) that is telling me that no 2016 have been built yet. This person will not tell me the reasoning behind the delays and when I question about parts delays or qc issues. The answer is I can't say. Which to me means don't ask.:paddle:

Obliviously Ford doesn't want us to know or they would tell us???

I guess we are a all in a holding pattern. So I'm going to drink a beer! :cheers:

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
Dealer called today to let me know production scheduled for week of 8/31 and VIN#. Last four of VIN is 0404 Does anyone know if this is the build sequence number for my car?
No - FP told me that VINs and build dates are being scrambled, so no one could claim he had a lower VIN - meaning his car was built earlier than the next VIN in line. So, supposedly 0404 could be built before or after 0505 or 0250. :headbonk:

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
In a phone call earlier this week, FB told me that ZERO retail order 2016 GT350's had been built. I told him I thought he was mistaken...

licktensteins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Four wheels and a stick
In a phone call earlier this week, FB told me that ZERO retail order 2016 GT350's had been built. I told him I thought he was mistaken...
Could be a semantic gymnastics exercise around the word retail... We know the 2015 cars are coveted due to their limited numbers and anniversary status. I'd imagine the first 2016 cars being built are the press cars that will soon start going out for the media to drive and review.
Sponsored