Sponsored

Decided on Wheels/Tires(Finally...)

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
So, against what my heart desired by going with a drag radial and wanting to be able to just punch it while in second gear and hook I decided to go with something more practical and would actually last me a while. I will just have to get a dedicated drag wheel setup when the time comes, and that just makes the most sense because of my daily driver.

I went with some 285/35/19 MPSS fronts and 325/30/19 MPSS rears.

As for the wheels themselves, I finally decided on the Project 6GR wheels in a gloss black. They'll be here on Friday so I'll be posting pics when theyre fully mounted. Unsure on the offset but Edgar of N4SM assured me theyd be right at the edge of the fenderwell.
He was able to get the best pricing to my door as close to my budget as possible, so I do suggest ya give him a call. I do appreciate the help from some of the other vendors as well Paul from PK for example. He was also very professional and helped answer a lot of my questions

Here's a couple pre-shipment pics for the time being

EDIT:
Welp! Wheels came in some fancy large boxes. Had to jump right in and do the install...
325 is such a massive fucking tire. That's all I can say.
The weird top down pictures show the tire RIGHT at the edge of the fenderwell so fitment is PERFECT.
Overall i shaved off almost 40lbs of rotational weight over my old setup as well as adding more contact patch.
Not bad!
IMG_4110.jpg
IMG_4111.jpg
IMG_4112.jpg
20170303_180832.jpg
20170303_192219.jpg
20170303_192235.jpg
20170303_192713.jpg
20170303_220532.jpg
20170303_220603.jpg
20170303_220623.jpg
20170303_220651.jpg
20170303_220717.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Those will look great on your ride!

SS-Slayer

Cashmeoutside How bout Da
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Whippled 5.0
Those look pretty good, few buddies of mine down here have them have been telling me to look into some new wheels for the car. I'm having a issue getting her to grab off the dig when we run her this whipple is a hell monster to control.

Bankss550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Maurice
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT Premium 6SPD
Nice!! I kinda wish I would have gone with the 6grs but in 20" in gloss black instead of my Velgens but oh well. I see you also got a set of black wheels with those gray tpms sensors like me lol. It bothered me enough that I just bought some black caliper paint and painted mine. Nice choice in tires too! :headbang:

OP
OP
Obsol3te

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Those look pretty good, few buddies of mine down here have them have been telling me to look into some new wheels for the car. I'm having a issue getting her to grab off the dig when we run her this whipple is a hell monster to control.
Tell me about it...
I was on the fence about grabbing a drag radial for the street on my daily driver. But I do drive in the rain, and I want them to last more than an oil change.

Nice!! I kinda wish I would have gone with the 6grs but in 20" in gloss black instead of my Velgens but oh well. I see you also got a set of black wheels with those gray tpms sensors like me lol. It bothered me enough that I just bought some black caliper paint and painted mine. Nice choice in tires too! :headbang:
Yeah, im noticing that too. Maybe I'll tape them off and get handy dandy with some of the wifes nail polish or something.

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
That valve stem color is horrible. Why would they ever think that grey is acceptable on a black wheel like that. My P6gr wheels came with black TPMS sensor valve stems, so WTF N4SM? Don't do a brotha like that.

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
nice setup! but my ocd would get the best of me knowing the rear tires are slightly shorter than the front lol

NHEcoboost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium/PP
I have the same set coming my way...but with 305/35 rears. Seeing these, I can't wait to get mine. But I'll be sending N4S a message to have black stems, haha.

Your set came with those center caps? I was prepared to use the factory...now I might have a choice!

OP
OP
Obsol3te

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
That valve stem color is horrible. Why would they ever think that grey is acceptable on a black wheel like that. My P6gr wheels came with black TPMS sensor valve stems, so WTF N4SM? Don't do a brotha like that.
Yeah... :( I guess i'll be painting...
nice setup! but my ocd would get the best of me knowing the rear tires are slightly shorter than the front lol
it's only .2" difference between front and rear

I have the same set coming my way...but with 305/35 rears. Seeing these, I can't wait to get mine. But I'll be sending N4S a message to have black stems, haha.

Your set came with those center caps? I was prepared to use the factory...now I might have a choice!
Yeah, those just came out I guess.
There are plenty of options for center caps so Edgar was telling me

SS-Slayer

Cashmeoutside How bout Da
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Whippled 5.0
Looking more at those stems its starting to bug me. Why would they do that? I'm talking to I believe its Ed right now and I wont take something like that at all.

Sponsored

bobbyh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Looking more at those stems its starting to bug me. Why would they do that? I'm talking to I believe its Ed right now and I wont take something like that at all.
Those are pretty bad; can't see how any reputable company would miss that?

I would be very unhappy if I paid several thousand $$ for wheels/tires and got those stems.

That's going to take some masking off and careful spraying of some type of rubber applicable paint or plasti-dip to cover.

Built4Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium White
Beautiful wheels, but what were they thinking with that valve stem???

OP
OP
Obsol3te

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
*waiting patiently for [MENTION=11685]Need4SpeedMotors[/MENTION] to chime in*

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
Damn once you see the stems, it's hard to unsee them but cant go wrong with black 6GR :thumbsup:

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
Even thought I dont carry the 6gr wheels nor speaking for any other company ill speak for my own company (PKAD). I do know this if I may kindly say and not saying it in a bad way. When we started we only had silver stems as well, we did our best to atleast paint them. Now we have black stems we install for black wheels or dark colored wheels in general.

Quick fix is to touch them up with some paint but not sure how you feel about that. Id say bring it up to them see what they say im sure it may have just been a mistake possibly.

Just my 2 cents
Sponsored

Last edited: