Reaction score
Website
www.lhousephotography.com
First Name
Lane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT Premium - Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
How do you like the BFG's? I am going to need new tires by the end of this year and was considering them.
They've been fantastic. They did get a little louder after storing them for the winter, not sure why. But they are very grippy, and have easily outlasted the OEM Pirelli P-Zero's. For the price, I can't think of a tire that comes close to them. The only draw back is the widest available is a 285.
Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the info.
I rang DBA here in Australia a few days ago, wanting to know the weights. Girl on the phone said they didn't have the weight for the 2 piece and proceeded to quote me the weight of the 1 piece...:frusty:
Decid d to email them and still haven't heard anything.
Genuinely hoping the product is better than the service. :ninja:
8lbs a corner sounds good to me :cheers:

Sponsored

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
Thanks for the info.
I rang DBA here in Australia a few days ago, wanting to know the weights. Girl on the phone said they didn't have the weight for the 2 piece and proceeded to quote me the weight of the 1 piece...:frusty:
Decid d to email them and still haven't heard anything.
Genuinely hoping the product is better than the service. :ninja:
8lbs a corner sounds good to me :cheers:

[MENTION=21513]Burkey[/MENTION] ring brakes direct mate. They are a DBA dealer and will probably know more than the DBA staff haha! Really good service.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=21513]Burkey[/MENTION] ring brakes direct mate. They are a DBA dealer and will probably know more than the DBA staff haha! Really good service.
Funny you should say that. Got my email back from DBA. Quoted me the weight of the 1 piece rotor AGAIN after I explicitly gave the correct part number AND explained the previous phone discussion. :paddle:
Feel like sending them another (wasted) email to explain that no matter how good your product, if your staff know nothing and your website is rubbish, it won't sell...
I'll just call your mob and save myself the hassle :doh:

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
Funny you should say that. Got my email back from DBA. Quoted me the weight of the 1 piece rotor AGAIN after I explicitly gave the correct part number AND explained the previous phone discussion. :paddle:
Feel like sending them another (wasted) email to explain that no matter how good your product, if your staff know nothing and your website is rubbish, it won't sell...
I'll just call your mob and save myself the hassle :doh:
Not at all surprising to hear that :doh:

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
So how do you rate these 2 piece discs? I actually ordered the 4000 series which turned into a massive palaver:
Ordered the front 4000 series, got sent the rears) Fronts now out of stock and none into March so being sent the 2 piece 5000 series at a huge discount,

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I do work for RallySport Direct,
lucky bugger. No employee discount? Well at least your pics prove that the venting is on the correct side on the 14" DBA rotors. I could never get a straight answer to that. Pity the rears are still backwards but can't hope for everything I guess...

Sponsored

Digital_Synapse

Mass Effect Field Expert
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang GT PP
Now for impressions. After driving on them for about three weeks on the fronts, and 5 on the rears, I feel like the brake engagement is a lot more linear, the grabby nature of the stock pads has gone away. I no longer feel like I'm going to hit my steering wheel if I jab the brakes too hard accidentally. The pads are super quiet, there is no discernible difference between these HPS 5.0's and the factory compound.
This is alarming to me, I feel like they're supposed to be grabby. They feel grabby at lower speeds because they're made to smash ass at higher speeds, is my crude understanding. I want to get heavy stopping power when I touch the brakes, not feel like I'm standing on a sponge. Does that combo not "bite" when you step on the brakes?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
grabbing early on is not productive - it leads to overwhelming tire adhesion before proper weight transfer. Grab is not an artifact of strong braking ability. Hell race brakes can feel like they aren't doing anything at all (and literally are not slowing the car down either) until the pads are good and hot.

OP
OP
LHousePhoto

LHousePhoto

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lhousephotography.com
First Name
Lane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT Premium - Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
This is alarming to me, I feel like they're supposed to be grabby. They feel grabby at lower speeds because they're made to smash ass at higher speeds, is my crude understanding. I want to get heavy stopping power when I touch the brakes, not feel like I'm standing on a sponge. Does that combo not "bite" when you step on the brakes?
As someone who drives a PP car daily, you don't notice the initial bite of the brakes because you grow accustomed to it, and compensate. Let someone new drive your car for the first time, and that sudden jerk into the dashboard? That's gone with the Hawk pads.
Sponsored