Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
Last night I came out of work and found that my snake was gone. Not the whole car, just the cobra on the back panel. Someone had broken it off. For anyone who has replaced/upgraded this part, what are my options. I like the idea of getting a CF panel with a R-style Red snake, as my car is race red and it sure would look pretty.

Any info that would help me not have to do a million searches would be appreciated.
Sponsored

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
Possible that it just fell off - at least one owner here mentioned not too long ago that his came off while power washing the car.

Unfortunately, you can't buy just the emblem... Ford only sells it as a complete part.

Part number for the one with the silver badge is FR3Z-6342528-AF

Lists for $938.45 and my dealer got me a spare (for use on my second trunk lid that now has an "R" wing on it) for $615.

OP
OP
eric n

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)

5OSONIC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB CS
Possible that it just fell off - at least one owner here mentioned not too long ago that his came off while power washing the car.

Unfortunately, you can't buy just the emblem... Ford only sells it as a complete part.

Lists for $938.45 and my dealer got me a spare (for use on my second trunk lid that now has an "R" wing on it) for $615.
Sounds to me like said member just picked one up yesterday night. :ninja:

jk

OP
OP
eric n

eric n

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
Sounds to me like said member just picked one up yesterday night. :ninja:

jk
Well, I'm here to help! You would think there would at least be a thank you note.

Sponsored

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
LOL - coulda, woulda, shoulda.... but yours was geographically undesirable as I'm in the Midwest and all of the GT350s around here are in storage.

Instead I paid waaaaay too much for a piece of shiny plastic with a badge on it. Here's what you get for your $600+ bucks. At least it includes a new camera.

OP
OP
eric n

eric n

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)

5OSONIC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB CS
I went down to my local FORD DEALER to see if they would be interested in matching the 619.00 from

https://www.oemford.parts/oem-parts/ford-finish-panel-fr3z6342528af/?c=aT1KQzE1NzgwNSZyPTE=

They looked it up and told me that was actually their wholesale, so no they couldn't match. C'est la vie! So, I went ahead and ordered from oemford.parts... Hopefully it will be here withing a week or two. I'll post my experience.
I don't get why a business would do that. They know you will end up getting it from the other place that offers it at a lower price, does it really hurt them to just go ahead and match it? It's not like they are losing money on it, and in exchange, they will get a happy customer that most likely will keep returning in the future for other purchases not at wholesale price. :shrug:

AGGT350

AG Tech Black OTT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AG2016

Mine came off too, when i got to work, i opened the trunk and closed and BAM, fell off/snapped off because the little plastic snap on broke. I have since then 'crazy glued' it back on a month ago and washed the car about 3 times and still going strong.

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
I had mine replaced under warranty on my 2017 cause it got a small crack beside the emblem. Thats been awhile back but they showed it to me and maybe I just don't remember but I believe there was a round circle hole for the back up camera and not a camera in it.

Sponsored

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I had mine replaced under warranty on my 2017 cause it got a small crack beside the emblem. Thats been awhile back but they showed it to me and maybe I just don't remember but I believe there was a round circle hole for the back up camera and not a camera in it.
mine came with a cigarette lighter burn on the side and my dealer didnt replace it

Stoked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus RS/2016 GT350/2002 Audi A4
Mine fell off at a car wash also.

Also a '16. I think it's a defective piece. I was able to reattach it with VHB tape but really it sounds like it should be replaced.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Eeep! Reading these stories, every now and again when I wash her, I check the emblems...still tight :)

OP
OP
eric n

eric n

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
It would be great if you could buy a quality after market or ford replacement emblem. I would love to purchase one and get some industrial quality adhesive. That said, I have my replacement panel ordered. Hopefully it will ship soon.

OP
OP
eric n

eric n

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
Could someone help me out and measure the dimensions of the rear badge. I am looking for the option of just buying a badge and using some commercial adhesive. It seems the replacement rear panel I ordered is currently out of stock....
Sponsored