Damaged door handle ...

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
The sun was shining and I had little to do at work, so went home early. I decided to give my car a nice wash and a Modesta deatailing shot.

Unfortunately I discovered that someone apparently had smashed their door into my passenger-side door handle at some point. (Don't know where or when).

So now there's a black stripe on my door handle :/ It's not really that obvious, but how I know it's there .. it cannot be unseen. :(

Not sure to replace it, as I am sure it will happen again as it IS my daily driver. Otherwise, I guess I'll soon find out how expensive a replacement door handle is.
Sponsored

Zymax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I hope the replacement door handle won't cost too much.

People in general don't give a f*ck about other people's cars. Sooner or later we will get dents, scrapings and whatnot on our cars. It's unavoidable :(

OP
OP
Lord Thunder

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
Is it just paint damage?
Yeah, it's mainly paint damage. It looks like a small bit is scraped off. Perhaps it can be touched up? I'll take a pic later today. (It was getting dark yesterday)

Col3371

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Ruby Red GT
Try Dr Color chip paint renovator?
There's a thread on it over on the UK section. Might be worth a punt depending on how bad it is?

Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
If it's scraped then they can most likely repair it with filler, sanding and painting so no need to replace it. Still at least a 200 euro job though :(

OP
OP
Lord Thunder

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang

Picture of the handle ...

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
That doesn't look too bad actually. Drive by a professional body shop and ask if they can do a spot repair on it. That way they don't have to take off the entire doorcard and doorhandle, they will just repair it on the car and do a local paint fix. Should be doable from the looks of it.

NicoMCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EU GT 2015
I had the same on my mirror (was my fault) and paid 250CHF for the repair. But if someone did that on a parking spot, your insurance should cover that if you have parking damages in you contract? I do and without minimum number of "accidents" per year, but ya that depends on your insurance

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Your door handle looks ready for a touch up paint! One thing that puzzle's me though is how to blend it in without a clear-coat on top of the touch up paint! For example Dr. ColorChip... (Ive been advised against it a few times already)

It's shocking though if you look closely after the first post winter wash with a detail spray on how the car gets beaten up during winter... I found lot's of scratches this weekend and even slipped with a brush in my hand and added a deep scratch myself by accident... :doh:

Sponsored

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
Bodyshop should be able to do a localised repair on that. Horrible when it happens though, especially when its your daily driver (mine is too).
I had someone open their door into my rear quarter a couple of weeks ago, luckily my wife was in the car at the time & i was walking back to the car. Caught the guy had a bit of a discussion with him (he denied it at first, then I showed him his door opened perfectly into the crease he'd just caused). ÂŁ180 for a paintless dent removal, thankfully the guy agreed to pay for it!

vieirinha33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
André
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost Race Red
dammit Erwin... :X It's really a problem... and our cars are a bit big so other cars come very near to ours when parked... people have to be really careful when they go out of their cars near of ours.. you can just pray that a smart parks near you... I choose normally parinkg slots nearby a pillar where no one can park... xD but well, it's not always available...
I've also a small stone chip on the hood... so I will try chipex.. let's see if I get a good result :)