Sponsored

Daily Horsepower Change??

Steve44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP
So, bit of a strange question...I have noticed that the power "feeling" in my car is very different day to day. I thought that might be due to changes in weather, humidity, etc...but the last couple of days here in Dallas have been identical weather. Yesterday, car felt so slow and sluggish, and today it was way more responsive. I don't have a tune, all I have is a drop in panel filter and an X Pipe. Anybody else experiencing something similar??
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Density Altitude of the air changes hourly. Cold days usually make for stronger engines.

Oil lubrication is another factor you can feel (if you've ever driven a leaky POS you learn to feel when its a quart or two down from how it drives.

Then there's the driver..

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
Steve44, my pp gt is stock also and it has occasional unpredictable performance. Most of time its a powerhouse but there are those days that make me wonder whats going on with the fuel and or timing. There is a thread on here somewhere about some new gt owners having some sluggish powerbands. Cant remember what the conclusion was.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Download the AutoDens app for ios. Compare the Density Altitude for days that are sluggish vs. days that it is strong.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Temperature, density, humidity.
Yes, it changes a lot from time to time.
I once drove up to Colorado on the I-70. My 285hp SUV felt like it only had 200HP max inside the Eisenhower Tunnel. 200HP pushing an almost 5200lbs vehicle was just very hard.