Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Definitely have to give it to you @astronaut45 - you are outside the box and above the sheeple, that’s for damn sure!

The install looks great and goes to show with just some willingness, not only can folks save some $$$ by doing the work on their own, but also end up with excellent results too.
Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
So after getting a few quotes from some local shops, I decided that I had the talent to install my new stripes myself. I wanted a one of a kind Mach 1 and I definitely have it now.

I now know why some might let a pro do it though, tons of work to get everything lined up, and even still it's not perfect. I also crimped the vinyl slightly in 3 places, but you can only see it from certain angles

Anyway here's how it came out.

PXL_20230409_224632886.jpg

PXL_20230409_224647779.jpg

PXL_20230409_224927929.jpg

16810823398465340672337497110361.jpg

PXL_20230409_224614491~2.jpg

PXL_20230409_224621765~2.jpg

PXL_20230409_224703229~2.jpg

PXL_20230409_224711859~2.jpg
Ford built special Mustangs for the 1972 cherry blossom festival in Washington DC. There were a handful made and had red white and blue stripes. This reminded me of that. Nice.

DadzMach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
Love it! So glad I just saw this. I am ordering new stripes tomorrow because I wanted the outline to be red and also wanted to do the roof and trunk. You have totally changed my mind, I think, confused me for sure. I want to think of a custom color combo for my Grabber Blue Metallic now!

Really great job designing them and installing them. I respect you for doing it yourself!

OP
OP
astronaut45

astronaut45

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Oxford White Mach 1
Love it! So glad I just saw this. I am ordering new stripes tomorrow because I wanted the outline to be red and also wanted to do the roof and trunk. You have totally changed my mind, I think, confused me for sure. I want to think of a custom color combo for my Grabber Blue Metallic now!

Really great job designing them and installing them. I respect you for doing it yourself!

There are so many cool designs you could do with Grabber Blue. My first thought would be a navy blue with red pinstriping. But if you could get a gunmetal that matches the side mirrors and spoiler with red pinstriping, that would look awesome too.

If you really wanted to make the stripes more of a statement piece, I think white as a primary with red pinstriping would also work.

Sponsored

Spang550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
Bro love the stripes. Very outside the box. You took a risk but man did it pay off. I bought an Oxford white Mach because it was available and I was fine with the spec but I am considering ways to spice it up much like my white GT was transformed by Kona blue racing stripes. Debating adding more read hiligjts and a stripe extension or going full custom like you did. If I went custom, maybe blue center with matte black trim. Lots of possibilities. White is a little plain (tho it’s very sharp on a Mach 1 even in stock form) but it’s great because you can do a lot of great stuff on top of it to make it deliciously sexy like what you did. 😉

OP
OP
astronaut45

astronaut45

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Oxford White Mach 1
Bro love the stripes. Very outside the box. You took a risk but man did it pay off. I bought an Oxford white Mach because it was available and I was fine with the spec but I am considering ways to spice it up much like my white GT was transformed by Kona blue racing stripes. Debating adding more read hiligjts and a stripe extension or going full custom like you did. If I went custom, maybe blue center with matte black trim. Lots of possibilities. White is a little plain (tho it’s very sharp on a Mach 1 even in stock form) but it’s great because you can do a lot of great stuff on top of it to make it deliciously sexy like what you did. 😉

Thank you, I agree that white is a bit plain, but it also gives you a great canvas to work with to do custom stuff like this.

I still love the stripes a year later, and having previously driven a Boss 302 and a GT350, I get way more comments and positive attention in the Mach 1 than I did in those.

I highly recommend autodesign if you look into custom options.

OP
OP
astronaut45

astronaut45

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Oxford White Mach 1
Congrats on a job well done, especially if this was your first time installing vinyl yourself.
Thank you, it was well worth it to do it myself, I like to make my cars my own, and doing it myself when possible is part of that. It's held up great over the past year as well. No regrets.

Spang550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
Thank you, I agree that white is a bit plain, but it also gives you a great canvas to work with to do custom stuff like this.

I still love the stripes a year later, and having previously driven a Boss 302 and a GT350, I get way more comments and positive attention in the Mach 1 than I did in those.

I highly recommend autodesign if you look into custom options.
Thats the name I saw pop up. Honestly if i do go the custom rout I think I’ll just rip the blue design that someone else posted in this thread. It would have a very similar vibe to my gt and white with blue trim (or the inverse) is one of my two favorite muscle car color combos. I do dig the red accents on the stock stripes tho so I am torn between full custom or an extension of the factory aesthetic. Like you said while I do think it’s a sharp spec on this car white is always a bit plain but that plainness merely leaves room for the owner to create 😎
Sponsored