Sponsored

Curious on peoples thoughts

therealdannye

President of Capitol S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Deadpool 5.0
From the looks of it OP started this thread because he has a bit of buyers remorse. As a v6 2015 mustang owner i know a lot about it and had my fair share of "shouldve got the v8"....after a few months that remorse subsided and i fking enjoy the hell out of my car, i look forward to every drive and enjoy every drive. I still get compliments on it.

OP, dont sweat being an EB owner. Think of it as a mustang svo, that car gets a lot of respect and it too was a 2.3L turbo. If you absolutely cannot fathom that you have a 4cyl, trade in your EB for the GT, take the negative equity hit, and now you have a louder faster toy, you will post of the trade up to a GT on these forums and now you will have impressed maybe 2-3 dudes here for all but a few seconds. Mustangs are great cars all around, im sure you still get a lot of compliments on your car. I sure get a lot on my v6 and most of the insults i receive are from kids on the internet that probably dont even own a car or their parents bought their v8 for them and now they feel like they accomplished something in life.
Nail --> Head
Sponsored

therealdannye

President of Capitol S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Deadpool 5.0
It should also be worth noting here, gentlemen, that there is an added responsibility that comes to owning a GT: you have to build the car to handle its power.

A stock GT is likely just fine on its own with light mods/visual mods and won't cause any trouble. But if you get anywhere near the supercharger line, you really need to start shelling out for suspension packages. This requires you to be ok with putting down the mid-30's pricetag for the car, the 4-6k for the supercharger, and then the necessary 2-4k in suspension parts that will KEEP the car on the road with its newfound power. It's probably good here to throw in 1-2k in quality tires. Not to mention that the car is nose-heavy. That really only compounds the issue.

For a lot of us younger guys, that just isn't an amount of money we have lying around, ya know? I won't get into the state of the economy or how shit's different now than when my parents were my age, but it stands to reason that we have to live within a boundary. I myself wanted a GT, but it just didn't make financial sense to put myself that deep into a hole.

The EB is a great platform for Ford to reel us in for the next gen of Mustang. I can almost positively guarantee that if they continue this trend improving the look and performance of the Mustang, I will be in for one more when I'm ready for car #2 and it WILL be a GT. And trust me, I'm enjoying the hell out of my car now (along with the 4 other EB owners in my Mustang group; who balance out the 5 GT owners in the group).

This car, regardless of engine platform, creates families and camaraderie and we're doing it a massive massive disservice by harping on any one of our own for having *legitimate* personally thought out reasons for choosing their car, whether that number is a 4 or a 6 or an 8. I live my life, you don't live it for me. And you live your life, I don't live it for you. So what we really should be doing is encouraging one another to make the most of what Ford built for us instead of defending our number. I don't shit on V6 guys. I tell them all the things they can do to it if they want to. I don't bag on V8s for just being richer than me.

What we can and should all agree on is that those bastards over at Chevy and Dodge do not make a more beautiful car. ...now go watch A Faster Horse... all of you!

IslandHopper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium 401A PP
From the looks of it OP started this thread because he has a bit of buyers remorse.
Don't we all? I still wonder if I should have shelled out the extra for a GT350. :)
There's always something "better" you could have gotten.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
LOL The secret to happiness is not having what you want! But wanting what you have!

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
It should also be worth noting here, gentlemen, that there is an added responsibility that comes to owning a GT: you have to build the car to handle its power.

A stock GT is likely just fine on its own with light mods/visual mods and won't cause any trouble. But if you get anywhere near the supercharger line, you really need to start shelling out for suspension packages. This requires you to be ok with putting down the mid-30's pricetag for the car, the 4-6k for the supercharger, and then the necessary 2-4k in suspension parts that will KEEP the car on the road with its newfound power. It's probably good here to throw in 1-2k in quality tires. Not to mention that the car is nose-heavy. That really only compounds the issue.

For a lot of us younger guys, that just isn't an amount of money we have lying around, ya know? I won't get into the state of the economy or how shit's different now than when my parents were my age, but it stands to reason that we have to live within a boundary. I myself wanted a GT, but it just didn't make financial sense to put myself that deep into a hole.

The EB is a great platform for Ford to reel us in for the next gen of Mustang. I can almost positively guarantee that if they continue this trend improving the look and performance of the Mustang, I will be in for one more when I'm ready for car #2 and it WILL be a GT. And trust me, I'm enjoying the hell out of my car now (along with the 4 other EB owners in my Mustang group; who balance out the 5 GT owners in the group).

This car, regardless of engine platform, creates families and camaraderie and we're doing it a massive massive disservice by harping on any one of our own for having *legitimate* personally thought out reasons for choosing their car, whether that number is a 4 or a 6 or an 8. I live my life, you don't live it for me. And you live your life, I don't live it for you. So what we really should be doing is encouraging one another to make the most of what Ford built for us instead of defending our number. I don't shit on V6 guys. I tell them all the things they can do to it if they want to. I don't bag on V8s for just being richer than me.

What we can and should all agree on is that those bastards over at Chevy and Dodge do not make a more beautiful car. ...now go watch A Faster Horse... all of you!
:clap2::amen:
:cheers:

Sponsored

Shawnski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whatever I need
Just remember this. There's no replacement for displacement. PERIOD! :headbang:
Then you should have bought a 6.2L 'maro or 6.4L Hemi. PERIOD!:headbonk:

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX

A stock GT is likely just fine on its own with light mods/visual mods and won't cause any trouble. But if you get anywhere near the supercharger line, you really need to start shelling out for suspension packages.
What you should be doing before getting involved with any of that is investing in the "driver mod" - learning car control skills and acquiring at least a semblance of discipline with the throttle and steering wheel. Every "wow/holy shit this thing's fast" moment was a time that you were operating at or beyond the limits of your skill set, at least momentarily. That kind of feeling is you telling yourself the truth, whether or not you want to admit as much.

That right there isn't any different from the internal V8 vs V6 vs EB squabbling that goes on here or the V8/V6 crap I keep seeing elsewhere.

It's fine to have your own clear preference on engines, transmissions, and even car makes/models - and to have it for any number of reasons. But trashing the other guy's preferences doesn't make yours any better (and might even blind you to a useful mod you could borrow from the other guys).

Norm

Swayse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt auto
If you like driving a stick shift and row your gears in anger, the GT is very rewarding. It reminds me of the Honda S2000 I use to own, after a tune, headers, and exhaust anyway. I love the way it builds power in the upper rpm range, and after a GT350 intake manifold it'll rev out even more.

I love the turbo thing, but the lag between shifts got annoying with my Evo X. I didn't really like the way the power fell off on the top end, I had planned on a big turbo upgrade, but then the lag between shifts would be even worse.

I had no idea you could get an auto PP eco, I think that would be a great daily driver/street car/stop light drag car/corner carver. I like my wife's car, but it's way too soft, it really needs springs and shocks. If I was to get an auto, think I'd get a PP eco, add a tune and maybe a bigger turbo.

PamAndJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang
In the least, the V8 can easily gain power to deal with the weight. I cant imagine adding a ton of power to a 4 banger with a turbo in this car and having to deal with the physics (such things as high PSI turbo lag) of how that actually will work in a 3700 pound car. Take your 4 banger and what it takes to make it 435 hp and its going to be utter craap to drive in any real world situation.... Have fun in my 5 mph 1 hour long bumper to bumper traffic commute for example.
Sorry, but I don't follow your logic here. I can easily drive my 40 minute commute without getting into boost (I don't but I could :)). Without boost, I'm basically driving a n/a 4 cylinder car that is perfectly livable in stop and go traffic. A big turbo upgrade, which would easily get an EB to/beyond stock GT power level would not change that one bit. If anything a bigger turbo would deliver boost at a higher RPM, making it easier to stay out of boost. The gap (strictly talking HP) between the GT and EB is not as big as you make it seem. It's not like taking a 120hp n/a 4 cylinder car and turning it in a turbocharged 400hp car. In that scenario I can imagine that there could be some drivability issues.

OP, to answer your question, when I started shopping for my car I was convinced that I would never be able to own a Mustang with anything but a V8. That said the first car I drove was an auto EB. I then drove a manual GT, an auto GT, and lastly the manual EB that's parked in my garage. The combination of instant torque and the manual transmission put the biggest smile on my face, so that's what I bought. Obviously, the smile factor is going to be different for everyone. Only you can determine what that will be for you.

Blue Horse

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
At the end of the day, everybody here has a shared interest in the Mustang regardless of engine or trim level and I guess I just don't get all the hate unless it's a V8.[/QUOTE]
It"s not just the V8 thing, it is also the hate between the S197 & the S550 Mustang group,the 4 Banger issue just added to the dislike, same with the Fox Body Mustang or the Mustang II the are looked down upon by the true Mustang fans.Look at all the posts & threads on here where the S197 folks won"t even acknowledge the S 550 Mustangs on the street or at car shows.

Skrapmetal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP
You can make power in a lot of ways. V8's have a sound and a feel that is hard to replicate, though. Whether or not that is important to you is a personal thing.

It is to me because I grew up around the typical foxbody 5.0 with flowmaster exhaust note. For me it is as much a part of a Mustang as the pony on the grill.

That doesn't mean that a V8 is better or that you have to have one to be a man or whatever. Just means I prefer it.

My 4 banger is louder then a stock gt :lol:
When people talk about the sound of a V8, they aren't talking about volume.
Sponsored