Sponsored

Cradle lockout and / or subframe braces as first/only suspension mod

PamAndJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang
First, I should probably make sure I have an understanding of the similarities between the two products. Am I correct that the BMR CB005 and the Steeds Subframe Support braces essentially do the same thing? If not, I would appreciate it if someone could explain the difference. I am considering adding one of these products to my 100% bone stock base EB suspension. The biggest reason is as I've modded the car it has increasingly difficult to put the power to the ground. Don't get me wrong, my car is by no means a huge HP monster. But, there have been many times when wheel hop / spin has reared their ugly heads. I do have a few questions that I'd like answered.
- How will each of the perform on their own? I've thought about adding some diff bushings. But, I'm a little leery after reading all of the posts that mention the noise they added.
-How will they perform on a daily driver? I don't track my car at all. But, I do enjoy a spirited little sprint every now and again.
-Will I hate them in a month? I can deal with some vibration and harshness. But, I don't want to drive a car that sounds broken. Again it seems like most of the noise complants have made reference to the diff bushings. But, I have seen a couple mentioning noise from the lockout.
-Does reduced wheel hop mean reduced wheel spin? These products both say they'll help put power to the ground. But, it seems everything is centered around reducing wheel hop vs. wheel spin. I get that tires will play a huge part in the amount of wheel spin. But, do these products help with that either directly, or a bi product of the reduced wheel hop?
Sponsored

ghostnote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
Just to hop on to OP: will the cradle lockout affect the 'bounciness' of the GTPP or the ride height?

Need 4 Steed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
BMR Cradle Lockout locks the front of the subframe to the chassis in all directions in a short piece whereas the Steeda does the same but also mounts it to the middle of the chassis as well as the middle of the subframe. The BMR should have less flex in the piece because it is smaller but the Steeda brace ties in more points to stiffen the entire rear.

Both will reduce wheel hop. I do not have either option, but am looking into the steeda braces to stiffen the rear as a whole. I started with the Steeda subframe bushings and they helped with wheel hop. I went with Steeda because BMR's kit wasn't out yet, but I have heard good things about it.

I also have a daily driver that I am slowly turning into a track car. You shouldn't hear any really bad NVH from either of these options as they are in the rear, but there might be a little bit. As for diff bushings, I installed the softer Steeda kit and I just hear a slight hum from the Torsen but nothing too bad. The BMR kit should be about the same.

These kits are great on getting rid of wheel hop and the car feels much more planted with them, however this does not get rid of wheel spin. These give you better traction and less harshness to your drivetrain. Wheelhop is bad on your driveline whereas wheel spin is actually a good thing as it is a safety measure to reduce damage to other components.

You want wheel spin up until you have beefed up your entire driveline. If you are not upping the power, then you are fine with going to a bigger/better tire and should be ok with standard halfshafts/driveshaft/clutch.

As fore ride height, these kits should not alter this.

Nylesw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06' Ram 1500 5.7, Mustang GT premium 17' Silver
If I was to buy one thing to reduce wheel hop what would you guys recommend? I have seen a few products and am hoping to invest in a good overall fix
Sponsored