Sponsored

Couple bolt ons + Tune+ E30 dragstrip action, manual trans car...

KrisR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost PP 50th Premium
Here's an update on my 2015 Ecoboost manual transmission car. It's a loaded heavy premium, stock suspension except for SR lowering springs, stock driveline. No weight reduction. My street wheels are 18x10 SVE Drifts with 285/40-18 Nitto 555 tires all around.

Adam Brunson / Tune+ tuned on E30, using Cobb Accessport
MAP stock-location intercooler upgrade, factory piping
MAP catless downpipe
Tune+ wastegate actuator

Factory intake, exhaust, turbo, fuel system. No 2-step, no flat-foot shifting enabled.

The 12.60 pass was made on old 275/40-17 Nitto NT05R DRs. They are way too short for this combo, running 6700rpm through the traps in 4th gear (peak power is at 5500). The 12.67 was on my street tires. DA was in the +1000 to +1500 range.

Sponsored

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
Repping the stick shift and the silent assassin (stock exhaust). That's close to where i want to be this fall with close to the same mods. What gears do you have? 3.55?

OP
OP

KrisR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Repping the stick shift and the silent assassin (stock exhaust). That's close to where i want to be this fall with close to the same mods. What gears do you have? 3.55?
Yes, 3.55s. It's way out of gear in 4th with the short DRs I currently have. It's a lot better with my street tires which are 1.5" taller, I can feel it pulling a lot better on the big end.

I had some 295/45-17 M/T DRs and a full set of Racestars but I sold them. I went 1.70 on those.

Fridge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Manual w/PP
Sweet times kris!

I noticed you mentioned you had flat foot shifting off. What were your thoughts on it turned on and in use at the strip?

OP
OP

KrisR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sweet times kris!

I noticed you mentioned you had flat foot shifting off. What were your thoughts on it turned on and in use at the strip?
Honestly I haven't ever tried it. I don't even know how to turn it on, haha.

Sponsored

Fridge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
Honestly I haven't ever tried it. I don't even know how to turn it on, haha.
Lol well ask Adam to enable it for you. After you load your new tune, all you do is turn off traction control (the 6-7 second hold).

Then you can shift smoothly while while never lifting your foot off the gas in all gears. It took a little practice but once you learn how it's hard to go back.

mtoo22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Whipple GT
I'm running very close to this. E30 Adam tune and speed factory IC. Took a few people by surprise this weekend. One 2000 GT and a 2013 Charger RT.

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
I'm pretty sure Adam enables FFS in his tunes. Just ask to make sure. But with your current setup I'd be afraid that you'd run out of gear.

NightParade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2017 GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Looking good man. Im planning to get nitto nt05-r in 305 35 19 for the rear with light weight 19s i have on the car. Im going to be running 3.73s also so think with the 27.4" tire height should be about just right.

Sponsored

Motoboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
How is the E30 tune in this cold MN weather? Not that I'm going to be driving my car in the winter, it's just those months leading up to winter and early spring that I'm wondering about.

Thanks,
John

OP
OP

KrisR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How is the E30 tune in this cold MN weather? Not that I'm going to be driving my car in the winter, it's just those months leading up to winter and early spring that I'm wondering about.

Thanks,
John
It starts and runs perfectly on 30* mornings. So far so good. I don't think there's enough ethanol in it to affect the cold weather starting that much.

OP
OP

KrisR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm pretty sure Adam enables FFS in his tunes. Just ask to make sure. But with your current setup I'd be afraid that you'd run out of gear.
Yes, I'll be switching to M&H 275/50-17 DRs next year probably. Need taller tire for sure.

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Automatic
As I told you before, good work brotato!

Fridge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
I'm sure he does but it's always good to check with him because if you ever update your accessport to the latest firmware, features like "burnout" and "Flatfoot shifting" are turned off as default. I had the same fear before I tried it but it's super easy and the car doesn't doesn't bog as much with normal shifting.
Sponsored