Sponsored

Corsa Sport Decibel Levels????

AttiS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Does anybody know what decibel levels a Mustang GT with a Corsa Sport Catback (and stock headers with cats) reaches?

Interested in maybe doing a little local auto cross but there is a db limit of 93...
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
You'll be fine and well under the 93 limit with the Sport.

OP
OP
AttiS550

AttiS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Awesome thanks man!!

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
You're very close with the sports.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
It depends on where they measure the sound level from. From 50 ft (pretty standard), you'll be fine. The Xtremes will put you over though.

Sponsored

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Yeh I wish when the big suppliers like AM and CJPP when they did tests/videos they did dB levels at say 2, 4 and 6k RPMs and the same distance from the tips.

It really helps a lot to know, ok this one is 10dB quieter than this. I have Roush with an H but want to ove to a 350 rear valence and buying the FRRP Sport axleback is SO much easier proposition than altering the Roush.

But I have no gauge how much quieter the FRRP sport are. I know a decent amount, how how much? Cors Sport levels, quieter, louder/quieter than S-type?

I know LMR did a chart on the 11-14 axlebacks at different RPM vs. stock (and % over stock at each lever) and it was SUPER helpful to compare what was really loud and what just over stock.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Yeh I wish when the big suppliers like AM and CJPP when they did tests/videos they did dB levels at say 2, 4 and 6k RPMs and the same distance from the tips.

It really helps a lot to know, ok this one is 10dB quieter than this. I have Roush with an H but want to ove to a 350 rear valence and buying the FRRP Sport axleback is SO much easier proposition than altering the Roush.

But I have no gauge how much quieter the FRRP sport are. I know a decent amount, how how much? Cors Sport levels, quieter, louder/quieter than S-type?

I know LMR did a chart on the 11-14 axlebacks at different RPM vs. stock (and % over stock at each lever) and it was SUPER helpful to compare what was really loud and what just over stock.
The FRPP Sport will be quite significantly quieter, though not quiet by any means. Similar to Corsa Sport and S-type volume. CJPP said the S-type CB was just a tad louder than the FRPP Sport CB.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
The FRPP Sport will be quite significantly quieter, though not quiet by any means. Similar to Corsa Sport and S-type volume. CJPP said the S-type CB was just a tad louder than the FRPP Sport CB.
Just crazy they use these little equalizer (AM at least) icons for quiet medium and loud, but dont quantify it. The call the FRRP sport catback the same loudest designation as the Borla ATAK catback and Corsa Extreme. :shrug: I HIGHLY doubt that.

It would be so simple really if the install/video each setup.

Ive begged LMR to update their chart for 2015+

OP
OP
AttiS550

AttiS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I remember when i first purchased my exhaust (well over a year ago) there was a chart from corsa and I could have sworn there were db levels on there comparing the sport and xtreme catback but I can't find it anywhere now :shrug:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I remember when i first purchased my exhaust (well over a year ago) there was a chart from corsa and I could have sworn there were db levels on there comparing the sport and xtreme catback but I can't find it anywhere now :shrug:
There is one out there but it doesn't really apply to situations well. It's good for comparing relative volume between the systems.

Corsa Touring AB: 7 dB over stock
Corsa Sport AB: 16 dB over stock
Corsa Sport CB: 15 dB over stock
Corsa Xtreme CB: 24 dB over stock

The absolute sound level measurement is dependent on the proximity and angle, which is unknown. Based on those, I would imagine it was measured fairly close to the car and nearly directly behind.

Sponsored
OP
OP
AttiS550

AttiS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I guess my best bet would be to just take the car out to he auto x event and have them tell me whether it is okay.

1badrz28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Corsa Sport with off road pipes just went 105 decibels on start up in my closed garage, 20 feet in front of the car, then idled down to 85-88. That was with the exhaust bouncing off the garage door which is two feet away.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I guess my best bet would be to just take the car out to he auto x event and have them tell me whether it is okay.
You'll be fine. They're only going to notice and measure if they think you're definitely over, and you won't be that loud.
Sponsored