Sponsored

Corbeau 3 point harness

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone have any experience with this harness? Looking for something that keeps me in my seat better during HPDE's without making the backseat completely useless by installing a harness bar. I have a 2018 which means I unfortunately cannot use the Schroth QuickFit :(
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Hard to picture where it mounts in the back w/o a harness bar.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
You can use the Schroth if you swap out the existing seat belts that are incompatible. I think there are a few people on here who have done that.

OP
OP
Performance nut

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
You can use the Schroth if you swap out the existing seat belts that are incompatible. I think there are a few people on here who have done that.
Yeah, I saw that and Schroth said the same when I called. Problem is that I use my back seat. The only other option offered for the Schroth is replacing the rear buckle with a front buckle. 2018 has the same exact front buckle in the back (confirmed that myself). Unfortunately, Schroth doesn't recommend that nor do they have any sort of support for that. I don't like messing with stuff that could save my life so I'm opting for option B which is the Corbeau 3-point.

I also have the stock GT seats so I don't have holes in the seat to run harnesses through. My installer recommended a 3 point to keep the shoulder belts from sliding down when driving. I've had that happen before on auto-x from the sheer amount of movement my arms are doing so I can see his point. The Schroth doesn't look to have that issue because it looks like it has two rear anchors, comes up to a single point (not sure if they are sown together or if they are ran really close together through a clip) and then back to two harnesses over the shoulders. So it looks like it will stay put unless you put it on really loose.

Long story short, guy I race with likes his Schroth and its my first choice. But I'm not comfortable modifying safety equipment nor do I wish to make my backseat useless by changing out the female receivers in the back. This is my option B unfortunately.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Personally I'd only be worried about changing belt anchor points, which you wouldn't be. Unless you believe that the 15-17 belts aren't safe (they are).

Sponsored

OP
OP
Performance nut

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Personally I'd only be worried about changing belt anchor points, which you wouldn't be. Unless you believe that the 15-17 belts aren't safe (they are).
Its not that. Guys are swapping out the female receiver out with a 2015-17 so they can buckle the male Schroth adapter. This is fine for safety but it makes the 2018 factory belt useless because the buckle is too big to fit in the 2015-17 female receiver. So I'd have to swap the entire rear seat belt assembly to use the Schroth and maintain use of my backseat. Not exactly something I'm eager to jump on.

I asked Schroth when they planned on changing the buckle so the 2018+ guys could start using their product. Got the usual answer "its in the works".

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Yeah, I saw that and Schroth said the same when I called. Problem is that I use my back seat. The only other option offered for the Schroth is replacing the rear buckle with a front buckle. SNIP
Makes sense to me. I just wanted to make sure you were aware of the option. Sorry but I know nothing about the Corbeau harness.

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
Could you get a 15-17 receiver and just have two receivers mounted to same bolt?

Also do you know the trick with the stock seat belts where you move the seat pretty far back and pull on the seat belt quickly. This locks it and then you move the seat forward and it holds you really tightly.

OP
OP
Performance nut

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Could you get a 15-17 receiver and just have two receivers mounted to same bolt?

Also do you know the trick with the stock seat belts where you move the seat pretty far back and pull on the seat belt quickly. This locks it and then you move the seat forward and it holds you really tightly.
Not sure if the bolt is long enough for two receivers but it is an interesting thought. Have to look at that.

As for the trick, yes sir. It works pretty well but I was still rocking and rolling pretty good. Hoping to use the same trick with a 4 point which hopefully will lock me in better. Appreciate the feedback on that though :)

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
What about the non-quickfit Schroth version? Then you can mount the rear straps to the same bolt that the receiver is on (under the seat). When you want to use the rear seat, I'd imagine you can just disconnect the front straps from the rear and let the rear hang permanently. Not really a big deal if the rear passenger is sitting on part of the rear strap.

This is what I plan on doing. I have a 2019, but with recaros. The belt - https://www.schrothracing.com/products/rallye-belts

Sponsored
OP
OP
Performance nut

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
What about the non-quickfit Schroth version? Then you can mount the rear straps to the same bolt that the receiver is on (under the seat). When you want to use the rear seat, I'd imagine you can just disconnect the front straps from the rear and let the rear hang permanently. Not really a big deal if the rear passenger is sitting on part of the rear strap.

This is what I plan on doing. I have a 2019, but with recaros. The belt - https://www.schrothracing.com/products/rallye-belts
This is an interesting concept. You can't remove this harness without removing the bolts so the best you could do is slide the belts to the side. Probably would make getting into those seats somewhat awkward but still useable. I will have to look at this more. Thanks for the recommendation.

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
This is an interesting concept. You can't remove this harness without removing the bolts so the best you could do is slide the belts to the side. Probably would make getting into those seats somewhat awkward but still useable. I will have to look at this more. Thanks for the recommendation.
yeah that's right. I guess you could just get the 3 point version, and have it hang down between the rear seats when it's disconnected?

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150

Interesting idea. I have Quickfit from previous car and the buckle from 15-17 that I intended to replace the stock one with. I very rarely use the rear seat behind the driver but haven't done the installation yet since I didn't feel like cutting the plastic panel just yet ;-) but this could work. I will try closer to the spring season...
Sponsored