Sponsored

Cooled seats not cooling

The Great Gazoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Silver GT/Auto
I brought my car in today for this. They checked it and are following the TSB advisement. Two blower motors were ordered for installation next week.
Sponsored

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
This thread went quiet suddenly in May? Has everyone gotten their seats fixed or what???
Everybody realized the futility of the situation once they learned that Ford took two stabs at designing a working system and failed both times. :p :ford::frusty:

Rich of So Cal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem/auto - triple yellow convert
Everybody realized the futility of the situation once they learned that Ford took two stabs at designing a working system and failed both times. :p :ford::frusty:
I guess all that "escalating" by the online Ford rep didn't do much.

Nevertheless, some did report that at least the extra heat from the seat back diminished. It has been so hot here that I can't run the seat bottom (which does minimally cool) because the back heats up. So I'm hoping it will at least eliminate that.

I wonder what became of the "prototype" plastic shield and tubing the one guy was working on. It looked promising. I would be willing to try one out, at a reasonable price, if he provided install instructions. :cool::cool::cool:

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
Nevertheless, some did report that at least the extra heat from the seat back diminished. It has been so hot here that I can't run the seat bottom (which does minimally cool) because the back heats up. So I'm hoping it will at least eliminate that.
That's about all it did for me.

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
If the seat back heating up diminishes I will actually get this done. I don't run them due to the back heating up. I've been waiting for ford to come out with a better fix but it doesn't look like they have much of an interest in doing that.

Sponsored

Darko66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost
I'm overdo on sharing. I was trying to improve on the intake tube and to make the exhaust less restrictive, but haven't been happy with the results. Most likely going to end up rolling back somewhat to what I had before.

I am experimenting with adding a small fan to the exhaust vent I cut into the back of the seat to see if that makes any difference. It's just a little 50mm 5v fan that plugs into a USB port for power. I haven't hooked it up directly to the exhaust of the blower yet, but just having it suck some of the hot air out of the back of the seat seems to help some in more extreme temps. I just need to reprint some parts to hook it up directly.

Just for fun, I'll eventually try hooking up a fan or two to the intake to see if force injecting some extra air would help. Not all that practical and it probably won't help much, but it will be interesting to see.

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
Same here. Obviously Ford never tested these things in the South in the summer.

ctlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Prem/201A/Auto/Guard/Saddle/Spoiler del.
This thread went quiet suddenly in May? Has everyone gotten their seats fixed or what???
Much of the country has seasons.

In the Northeast, it's just now becoming hot and most people are getting clear confirmation that the "fix" performed during the winter is useless.

ctlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just for fun, I'll eventually try hooking up a fan or two to the intake to see if force injecting some extra air would help. Not all that practical and it probably won't help much, but it will be interesting to see.
On a long drive a couple of weeks ago, I switched the AC from blowing both from the dash vents and the footwell vents to only the footwell. This got enough cool air under the seat to seem to make the seatback cooling work.

Here's my suggestion for your test:

Run a hose from the passenger side footwell vent to under the driver's seat to cool the TED. See what a difference that makes.

Rich of So Cal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Hey how about just replacing the seat material behind each seat with industrial strength mesh and let it all exhaust to the rear and get diluted with the cabin ac cooled air? Nobody rides in the backseat anyway.

Sponsored

ctlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey how about just replacing the seat material behind each seat with industrial strength mesh and let it all exhaust to the rear and get diluted with the cabin ac cooled air? Nobody rides in the backseat anyway.
How we got into this problem appears to be that Ford thought: Nobody rides in the back seat anyway. Thus we can get rid of the underseat AC/ducts we use in our other cars.

Those underseat ducts for backseat passengers are what cools the exact same TEDS used in the Fusion.

Rich of So Cal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
How we got into this problem appears to be that Ford thought: Nobody rides in the back seat anyway. Thus we can get rid of the underseat AC/ducts we use in our other cars.

Those underseat ducts for backseat passengers are what cools the exact same TEDS used in the Fusion.
Not quite the same. I'm saying exhaust thru the back seats, without the restrictive cover. You're saying route cooling to under the seats. If they did that most of the time there would be nowhere for that air to go since most of the time the front seats are up against the back ones.

Anyway, I was making a frivolous suggestion that probably wouldn't work any better than what we already have.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
After reading through the thread, I decided not to have the TSB performed since it does not really bother me much.
With that being said, maybe someone can 3D print an adaptor diverting some of the air from the bottom cushion to the air intake on the seat back unit? I find the bottom to be working a bit too good most of the time with back lacking.

Aaron_ATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 M/T PP 2.3 EB
My 2016 EB has the same issue. Glad to see a TSB on this.... Takes 15 minutes to feel anything cool at all (and basically useless) - no effect on lumbar or back of seat as well....

Bradrulz

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Comp Orange
Had TSB done last October and cooled seats still suck. If I could have done over I would have went with Recaros
Sponsored