Ultrakla$$ic

Whoflung Poo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Ingot Silver Premium
I need to replace the OEM football expansion tank and want something that maintains the OEM functionality. I see Moroso, Mishimoto, JLT all make one. Any pro's and con's to any of these? I like the Mishimoto one because of the side sight glass but after searching, I can't find any ill's to owning any of these. Any downside to any of these?:shrug: Or point me to a thread that talks about the aforementioned downside to these tanks?

Thanks.
Sponsored

skeeter

MAGA
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bradford
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP TY
I imagine all brands accomplish their function. I think it comes down to under the hood cosmetics for your ultimate design.

sloppymax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I could be mistaken but I believe the Mishimoto is the only in your list that has the separated compartments like the oem tank. Pretty certain the other two are just open internally.

Sponsored

Moddiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Mishimoto is really nice! JLT is no longer made so you can cross that one off your list.

If interested in Mishimoto or Moroso let me know and we can get you a great price with free shipping!

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
I went with the FTBR cover. While it still retains the OEM shape / look....it is black, so not as noticeable.

Brad2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT PP
PM me price on shipped black Mishimoto.

Sponsored

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 2016 GT
I need to replace the OEM football expansion tank and want something that maintains the OEM functionality. I see Moroso, Mishimoto, JLT all make one. Any pro's and con's to any of these? I like the Mishimoto one because of the side sight glass but after searching, I can't find any ill's to owning any of these. Any downside to any of these?:shrug: Or point me to a thread that talks about the aforementioned downside to these tanks?

Thanks.
Thanks for the interest in our expansion tank! We covered the R&D process of this tank here on the forums.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21251

Let me know if I can answer any questions about our tank!

I could be mistaken but I believe the Mishimoto is the only in your list that has the separated compartments like the oem tank. Pretty certain the other two are just open internally.
Thanks Max! We did emulate the factory internal baffling with our aluminum tank. This is in place to prevent sloshing of fluid and potential air entry into the hoses within the tank.

Go w/ Mishimoto. Those welds..
I have the Mishimoto and really like it.

I have the black Mishimoto tank, looks great.
Mishimoto has the internal baffles, and cool tube thing to read coolant levels :thumbsup:
Thanks for the kind words and support guys! Pictures are looking great.

Enjoy.
-John