Sponsored

Coolant Expansion Tank

kray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 2014 Edge 2013 F150
Has anyone had experience with the Mishimoto coolant expansion tank? I don't know why but the stock plastic tank on my Mustang drives me crazy. It's almost like Ford had a brain cramp when they designed that plastic milk jug under the hood. My Mishimoto tank is enroute and I wanted to know if anyone else has installed one.
Sponsored

Dawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT convertible
Has anyone had experience with the Mishimoto coolant expansion tank? I don't know why but the stock plastic tank on my Mustang drives me crazy. It's almost like Ford had a brain cramp when they designed that plastic milk jug under the hood. My Mishimoto tank is enroute and I wanted to know if anyone else has installed one.
Let's face it, the whole damned engine bay on new Mustangs are ugly. The last decent looking Mustang engine compartments were the 03/04 Cobras and the 03/04 Machs IMHO YMMV.

OZDAZ5.0

GT-Superpower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryn
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang
Shut the Hood?

Reactions: 113

Rob_Stylez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 OW 5.0
Let's face it, the whole damned engine bay on new Mustangs are ugly. The last decent looking Mustang engine compartments were the 03/04 Cobras and the 03/04 Machs IMHO YMMV.
:confused: S550 5.0's are not that bad, but the tank is an eye sore for sure

Sponsored

OZDAZ5.0

GT-Superpower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryn
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang
Looks like a nice sheet metal cover would work too?

OP
OP
kray

kray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My tank showed up today UPS. Looks like a Saturday project. Seems like a pretty straight forward install. Thanks for the link to Mishimoto! The picture looks good with the tank sitting next to the CAI.

Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Moroso here.

Black Tank - $184.99 FREE SHIPPING
http://www.lethalperformance.com/moroso-2015-mustang-radiator-expansion-reservoir-black-powdercoat.html

Bare Aluminum Finish - $171.78 FREE SHIPPING
http://www.lethalperformance.com/shop-now/vehicle-selector/ford-mustang-v8-gt/2015-ford-mustang-gt/cooling/coolant-expansion-tanks/moroso-2015-mustang-coolant-expansion-tank.html

• Direct bolt-in replacement to stock 2 piece plastic tank
• Fabricated Aluminum for strength, plastic tanks fail after repeated high heat situations
• This Aluminum tank can be polished, chromed, painted, powder coated or left as is for a race look.
• Uses factory stock vented cap, bleeds pressure like the factory intended
• Billet aluminum neck has a built-in overflow like the factory tank
• Integral billet aluminum hose fittings are better looking and more trouble free than screw in fittings.

OP
OP
kray

kray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So the install on the Mishimoto was pretty straight forward. One thing I noticed was the fact that I lost no coolant on the install but still had to add when the install was completed. Seems like the Mishimoto does hold a bit more coolant than the stock milk jug. No big deal though, topped of with orange and good to go. The one thing that drew me to the Mishimoto was the sight glass on the side of the tank. Takes all of the guesswork out of topping the tank. Mishimoto is big time quality that shows even in their packaging. Highly recommend this product.
Sponsored