Clutch Slip Issues

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
That’s an interesting read. I didn’t have any of that on my before or after the swap and fi. My r either. Out of curiosity did you ever reach out to McLeod? This is one thing you and the op are experiencing that I never have dealt with on literally dozens of manual vehicles. My first instinct would be therea something going on with the pressure plate. A cylinder going bad would generally get chatter but not what you guys are dealing with.

I have the same issue in my 19' 350. After pulls, the stock clutch pushed on my foot back up a lot harder than normal after pressing it. Then sometimes when upshifting right after pulls, the revs would go up by themselves briefly before upshifting. And when staying in gear and cruising right after pulls, it would slip and the car would physically feel like it was stuttering. This would all go away as it cooled down however.

I went in and replaced with a McLeod RXT 1200. After the 1000 mile break in, it did the same thing lol. I had the clutch changed, aluminum flywheel, braided lines, and replaced the stock slave/throw out bearing. But now, the only issue is that after 3 or 4 pulls, the clutch slips while e cruising right after pulls and the revs go up by themselves when upshifting after pulls. This all goes away with a little bit of time and cooling.

I spoke to other mustang guys around my area and they say it sounds normal and they experience it too, some to a smaller degree than others.
Sponsored

Talliuz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
That’s an interesting read. I didn’t have any of that on my before or after the swap and fi. My r either. Out of curiosity did you ever reach out to McLeod? This is one thing you and the op are experiencing that I never have dealt with on literally dozens of manual vehicles. My first instinct would be therea something going on with the pressure plate. A cylinder going bad would generally get chatter but not what you guys are dealing with.
I have not reached out but maybe I should. The pressure plate was changed for an aluminum lightweight one. It was all done by a professional and reputable shop in my area so I do not think it was an install error.

The stock pressure plate did have a lot of glazing but it does not make sense a new 1k mile one would already be messed up unless I completely do not know how to drive manual lol

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
lol. Not gonna lie, when I first switched to the mcleod i thought i forgot how to drive manual. I has just gotten so use to the oem clutch release point it screwed with me for a bit. You should reach out to McLeod, there a quality company. I’m sure they’d have a hypothesismor solution. I doubt you had a bad install as well. Not a lot of ways to screw up an install, and generally if there’s an issue it‘s right away.

I have not reached out but maybe I should. The pressure plate was changed for an aluminum lightweight one. It was all done by a professional and reputable shop in my area so I do not think it was an install error.

The stock pressure plate did have a lot of glazing but it does not make sense a new 1k mile one would already be messed up unless I completely do not know how to drive manual lol
Sponsored