@dib_5.0
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacques
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase
So I just wanted to post this because on my initial search I didn't find anything online or anywhere that helped me diagnose my problem and I just wanted to post this so that if anyone else has a similar issue they may be able to get it fixed faster.

So about 3 months ago I started feeling that my cluth pedal would click when I would slowly engage it as with first and second gear. It almost felt like something was sticky and as the pedal would relase it would click into place. I inspected the pedal several times and would see nothing out of the norm. It also only did it every now and again so it didn't bother me much. Well last month it started doing in consistently. I replaced the clutch assist spring with the Steeda spring thinking that maybe the spring was clicking and I had wanted to replace it anyway. Well that didn't fix it.

A few weeks ago I took my car to Ford and the service adviser told me that it was right at the point where the clutch would hit the switch to allow for ignition and said that it wasn't a big deal and seemed pretty adamant on this issue being "normal". I had other things to do so I didn't have much time to argue. A week or so later the clicking got so bad that it would happen every gear shift on release of the pedal. It drove me crazy! I bought a can of WD-40 hoping i could spray it at all the joints and that would fix it. It didn't. Finally took it back to Ford and had another adviser take a look. He said they would look at it. They had my car 3 days but at least they finally figured out it was the master cylinder. They replaced it and now my clutch is back to being buttery smooth.

Hopefully this helps someone else with a similar issue.
Sponsored

pooh_slostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
I kinda had the same issue but all I did was removing the clutch assist spring and the sound went away

OP
OP
B0SS603

B0SS603

@dib_5.0
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacques
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I kinda had the same issue but all I did was removing the clutch assist spring and the sound went away
Mine did it without the spring too. No issues since the master cylinder replacement though.
Sponsored