Sponsored

climate control stuck in heat

Lorelias

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Mustang
I have a '16 S550, the climate control only blows hot, much hotter than ambient temperature, as if the dial was turned to high heat. If I turn the dial all the way left to max cooling and turn the AC off so it is only blowing air, it does the same thing. The AC does have a charge in it. Has anyone had this happen before?
Sponsored

MiamiGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your AC compressor should be on the lower left of the front engine, and has a dedicated belt that spins it. Is the belt spinning?

If you turn the AC on "Max" cool, do you see the center part of the compressor spin or it is stationary?

fr3z19703l_1.455_1.jpg

Rod Schneider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EcoBoost
It's very possible that the blend door actuator is stuck on full hot. If so, you'll get full heat despite the A/C being on.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
It's very possible that the blend door actuator is stuck on full hot. If so, you'll get full heat despite the A/C being on.
Hello; This. I have followed threads about this. The heater core constantly has hot coolant flowing thru it. Gone are the days of a valve turning off that flow. So what is done is to have chambers and doors as part of the heating & cooling systems. In warm weather the doors around the heater core open or close as needed to direct the heat to the outside of the car. I figure it is sent out in the cowl area in the wiper area. Other doors open & close as needed to either allow you to have outsie air vented into the cabin or the AC cooled air into the cabin.

Seems those doors are opened and closed by motors called actuators and they fail too often. Try a search on these doors. May be several of them (actuators). Evidently can be replaced but i have not done so and cannot say much about that part.

good luck

Paul McWhiskey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
Ditto on the blend door actuators. Do a search to find where they are located and what they control and you should be able to narrow it down. They aren’t too expensive. Most of the time either the motor or the nylon gears are the culprit.
Sponsored