dgcomps

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT, 1966 Cobra Replica
Andy,
I can tell you that being in the Detroit area and working with a really good dealer, (Varsity Auto Group), they were willing to try different components to solve the problem. First I made the suggestion to replace the transmission and then the driveshaft after the issue wasn't solved. I believe that since I didn't get any pushback from Varsity, it must be a known issue with both components. Now that I have a complete driving season under my belt, I'm convinced the problem was the two piece drive shaft.
Sponsored

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
I have an issue with my 21 convertible. My clicking noise starts at 25 mph and goes to about 40 mph. Stops below 25 MPH. If this car had a speedometer cable, I'd be looking there. Sounds like a baseball card in the spokes of a bike. Speed sensitive. The faster I go, the more rapid the clicking. Nothing in the tires. Even in neutral, with and without air on. Does not appear to be coming from the engine or the manual trans. It is not the bar code label on the driveshaft. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks
I was going to say check the brake caliper pin. Had that issue with another car.
glad you figured it out.

traumkommode

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
Andy,
I can tell you that being in the Detroit area and working with a really good dealer, (Varsity Auto Group), they were willing to try different components to solve the problem. First I made the suggestion to replace the transmission and then the driveshaft after the issue wasn't solved. I believe that since I didn't get any pushback from Varsity, it must be a known issue with both components. Now that I have a complete driving season under my belt, I'm convinced the problem was the two piece drive shaft.
I appreciate it. I'm at a different dealership now and they're actually trying to get a field service engineer involved. I'm really hopeful that they sort this car out, it's got a couple other things that are driving me nuts too. This shop foreman heard the sound too and thinks the driveshaft makes sense. Maybe it's worth coming up to Detroit and vising Varsity.

If @FordService is listening, I would appreciate some help and attention.
Sponsored