Sponsored

Chris Harris on Cars - Mustang GT Euro-Spec

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Posted this as well in the European section before seeing this thread lol.

This is the review I have been waiting for because Chris Harris always gets his reviews spot on IMO!! I like how he is unbiased and talks about the cars from different points of views and is completely honest. What he was saying about the car is correct, even the not so good bits BUT he then says why and realise at the end of the day what you are getting for the price of this car...and that is a lot!!

2Cool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, PP in CO
Watching it right now, and as euro-centric as he is it is a very positive review. Of course, if it drifts, Chris Harris likes it, heh.

DABKO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt & 2001 DHG Bullitt
Just for my clarification, what does 36K Euro usually buy when it comes to performance cars in Europe? Are M3's running at 60K+ Euros?

Sponsored

2wheels4me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GTPP, Much-Modded Fiat 500 Sport, 911 Carrera S
I agree with him that it is a very good car, and also that in stock form the underpinnings feel a bit rubbery, which is why so many of us do the relatively inexpensive suspension mods to de-rubberize it. After an exhaust for more of the great engine sound and the sway bars, springs, rear bushing mounts and vertical links, and chassis-subframe braces, it is a GREAT car. I think he would love the car thoroughly if it was my car that he drove!

Last edited:

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
"Well for engines there's an Ecoboost thing they're talking about in America but really You and I have no interest in it. You're buying into the American thing, therefore you need a V8"

22203082.jpg

RadRubyRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Great review! Chuckled at the 8:30 mark when he says.. "Ford Ford..Oh, I wanna have me some Mustang!" :headbang:

Sponsored

ConspicuousConsumption

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP MT, Explorer ST
Thanks for sharing that! My notes:

- While he said he liked the gearbox, he did complain that the bite mark of the clutch is a little high. No crap
- Noted that the "standard" performance package in euro doesn't have the dashboard gauge cluster
- The smile on his face when he dogged it sidways and then looked back was hilarious! This is a FUN CAR. See around 7:45
- "A fully-spec'd M3 is twice the money as this car; it's not twice the car. Hmm, I like it now"
2015-07-29 10_04_52-2015 Ford Mustang GT - Chris Harris on Cars - YouTube.jpg

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
Just for my clarification, what does 36K Euro usually buy when it comes to performance cars in Europe? Are M3's running at 60K+ Euros?
He's talking 36K British Pounds (Around 51K EUR). Only thing that I can think of that comes close in terms of 'sports car' is a MX5 or a GT86. (both slightly cheaper, but also a lot less car)

"Well for engines there's an Ecoboost thing they're talking about in America but really You and I have no interest in it. You're buying into the American thing, therefore you need a V8"
The UK is a 'petrol head' country with next to no emission taxation. So there it makes sense. In other countries things are different.

OP
OP
Helios1234

Helios1234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mondeo/Porsche Cayman S
He's talking 36K British Pounds (Around 51K EUR). Only thing that I can think of that comes close in terms of 'sports car' is a MX5 or a GT86. (both slightly cheaper, but also a lot less car)

The UK is a 'petrol head' country with next to no emission taxation. So there it makes sense. In other countries things are different.
An MX-5 in the UK is around £20k whereas a GT-86 is around £25k so the comparable cars here would be the M235i, Nissan 370z or other hot hatches.

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
An MX-5 in the UK is around £20k whereas a GT-86 is around £25k so the comparable cars here would be the M235i, Nissan 370z or other hot hatches.
Off the top of my head, for around the £35,000 mark you can get:

M235i, Audi TT Quattro, Nissan 370Z GT, Audi A5 S-Line Quattro, nicely specced out VW Golf R, Mercedes A45 AMG, nicely specced Subaru WRX STi, Audi S3 Saloon/Hatch and the Chevrolet Camaro (albeit in left hand drive only).

So it has a lot of competition, especially from Audi it seems. The Mustang is still the biggest car with the most cylinders there, however, and only A45 is slightly faster and apparently not as rewarding to drive.
Sponsored