Sponsored

Check your tire air pump!

KevinG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP 6SPD Recaros w/black roof
Went outside to help my roommate pump up tires on her bike and took the air pump out of the trunk. Connected the hose to the tire, plugged in the cigarette lighter connector into roommate's Mazda with the engine running and turned the power switch on - nothing! Turned the yellow knob to the right for flat and still nothing - messed with all the knobs, buttons in every configuration possible Would not turn on. That made in china POS is going back to the Ford dealer.

GLAD I discovered it doesn't work when I didn't need it...
Sponsored

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Got to love those made in China parts :doh:

bluehorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT PP
Also it should be noted that the pump is filled with fix-a-flat (which will ruin a TPMS sensor). I didnt know that when trying to fill up my air bag springs on my truck :frusty:

Gigantor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Also it should be noted that the pump is filled with fix-a-flat (which will ruin a TPMS sensor). I didnt know that when trying to fill up my air bag springs on my truck :frusty:
Good point, it's pretty much like tits on a bull.

I will replace it with a aftermarket pump

Sponsored

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
I use my trunk pump all the time when I go to the strip. I air-down my DRs and at the end of the night, I use the pump to get me back home.

lwnslw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Used mine last Friday to fill the tires on my motorcycle...Worked great...made a mess because I didn't know it had fix a flat in it...DOOH !!!

I stopped that shit about 3 secs into the fill and cleaned everything before it was tacky...Guess I should have read directions.... AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
I odered mine with a spare, then installed Brembo's and the spare won't work on the front anymore. Can't fix stupid.....

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
So what happens once the factory tire pump IS used w/ the fix-a-flat? Is it a one time use then discard? Can it be used without initializing the fix-a-flat?

Sponsored

Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
300 hp with 3 pedals
So what happens once the factory tire pump IS used w/ the fix-a-flat? Is it a one time use then discard? Can it be used without initializing the fix-a-flat?
IIRC, there is a switch there. Turned one way it pumps air only, while the other way it is fix-a-flat.

Foxtrot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost
Tire air pump? We have one in the car? Um, sorry I'm new here

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
Went outside to help my roommate pump up tires on her bike and took the air pump out of the trunk. Connected the hose to the tire, plugged in the cigarette lighter connector into roommate's Mazda with the engine running and turned the power switch on - nothing! Turned the yellow knob to the right for flat and still nothing - messed with all the knobs, buttons in every configuration possible Would not turn on. That made in china POS is going back to the Ford dealer.

GLAD I discovered it doesn't work when I didn't need it...
Did you make sure the mazda 12v lighter socket actually worked i would try it in your mustang...

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
Well, mine failed when I needed it. Got into the car one morning and discovered a flat. Waited a couple hours for Ford Roadside Service to tow it to my dealership. Dumped off the kit and had to wait a week for a replacement.
Before my service manager handed it to me, he noticed the replacement was mssing its dial. :headbonk: Had to wait for yet another one. Tested it and decided to use it only in a dire emergency, because I am just gonna call AAA.

(Incidentally, I called Ford Roadside Service again next time I got a flat, in my neighborhood. Again a disaster, this time I waited almost 3 hours for a tow. I live in a popular beach town literally next to the main highway for crying out loud. :rolleyes: Never calling them again.)

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW