Check your splitter install

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
One more reason why i'll be installing mine when ( if ) i ever get the car .
Sponsored

OP
OP
Steve68

Steve68

Mr. Robot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2018 Jeep JLUR, 2020 F-150
We should all be so lucky as to get a tech like [MENTION=21562]Blaze489[/MENTION]'s. Others should get a good swift kick to the huevos.

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
Ive had mine in twice now. The second time I told them to watch the video. They said, after viewing the video it was just fine and Ford Warranty said it was fine. Ping a friend at FP and he says nope. So I check, no 45 degree bolts in the center of the splitter and I have about a quarter inch gap. Going back tomorrow since I don't have a lift. Had better be right this time!!!!
This is exactly the reason I installed mine myself. I don't have a lift either but I drove it up onto our ramp that lifted it about a foot an a half off the ground and did everything on my back. It wasn't too bad and with a little help from a friend it only took about 30-45 minutes to install following the instructions in the video.

MAV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I do have a lift, and I installed mine on the lift which made it much easier. However, it's definitely not just a plug-and-play installation. Significant attention needs to be given to making 100% sure the tabs are aligned and engaged properly. Between the difficulty of getting the splitter aligned and seated properly AND the difficulty of getting all of the screws/bolts started and tightened correctly, it is not something I was willing to trust to a dealer shop.

If you have the means, I would encourage trying the installation yourself. You will care about the fit and finish of your car infinitely more than most shop techs.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
I also opened the wheel liners and no half moon clips installed and so I have to get those to put in myself.
Just not right.. What's your plan to get the half moons? Are you expecting to pay for them?

Sponsored

motoviper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R RR/black roof/elec GR174
Just not right.. What's your plan to get the half moons? Are you expecting to pay for them?
The part number for all the included fasteners were on the instructions which I had them save with the empty plastic bag. I just ordered the pack of 4 for $3.11. Easy to put in myself.

OP
OP
Steve68

Steve68

Mr. Robot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2018 Jeep JLUR, 2020 F-150
The part number for all the included fasteners were on the instructions which I had them save with the empty plastic bag. I just ordered the pack of 4 for $3.11. Easy to put in myself.
Please share the part number with us. Thanks!

gww52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
GT500
Does anyone have the non R splitter part number?

KCRay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Question regarding fasteners and part numbers - as was mentioned, it appears that they changed the belly pan fasteners from hex heads to torx heads - are the torx heads a different part number and if so does anyone have that part number ? Also, I didn't notice a part number for the half moon clips in the video, does anyone have that part number? Finally, was there a part number for the entire fastener kit as one total, complete unit? Thanks !!

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
Are they torx head or tri-wing rivets?

Last edited:

Sponsored

KCRay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Does anyone know the part number for the half moon clips that help hold the front splitter on ? I guess it was just too much trouble, cause the dealership didn't put them on............on pass them on to me.
Thanks !

motoviper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R RR/black roof/elec GR174
Does anyone know the part number for the half moon clips that help hold the front splitter on ? I guess it was just too much trouble, cause the dealership didn't put them on............on pass them on to me.
Thanks !
W716460S300

WingnuT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 1985 GT Conv, 1966 Fastback
Varying the topic a bit... How much have you scraped your splitter? I have a speed bump in front of my house that unless I baby crawl sideways over it, I will scrape. Causing my sphincter to pucker!

Also does it on some dips in the road. I hate it!

Any thoughts on how to protect it?
Sponsored