Sponsored

Check engine light with rough idle

Moogatwo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ZL1 M6
Was on the way home from the office when my check engine light came on. My office is 3 miles from my ford dealership so I limped it in. No smoke, or rattles. It’s idling rough, like an old LS motor with a cam. Also felt a little down on power but I was keeping it below 35 mph so hard to say. I’m leaving it overnight, will update when I know more :(
Sponsored

v-man

Still Plays With Cars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt 350 LB Black stripe
good luck

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
I lost a coil in my 350Z, so it ended up running on 5 cylinders. Very rough, definitely down on power, but was a relatively straight forward repair. Also had a CEL due to a rich condition on the O2 sensor.

Could be a similar situation on your car.

Hope it is a simple fix.

-T

Nicky Pass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
Check your air filter....I’ve heard a couple of instances where they pop off.

Sponsored

petstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT350 TP Magnetic w OTT Black Stripes
Did you smell anything ? I had a check engine light coming up whilst on the track two weeks ago and car lost power and was running rough. There was this weird smell, like burnt rubber. Checked the error codes and turned out cylinder 8 was misfiring. The car was towed to the nearest dealer and issue was fixed. The cause was a broken injector connector. I hope it's something similar and easy to repair. Good luck.

OP
OP

Moogatwo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ZL1 M6
No updates from the dealership yet.

There were no weird smells or anything. Just a violent idle and down on power.

Last oil change was on 9/30/17. Car had right around 7,500 miles on it. Since then I've put a little under 1,000 on it. Oil level was holding steady.

Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Could it be variable timing issue?
Need to know the code to tell.

OP
OP

Moogatwo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ZL1 M6
The CEL was solid. I left my OBD scanner in my Fiesta, so I could not check the code myself. The shop was very, very busy when I limped it in. The manager said they were not going to be able to dig into it until after lunch today. He also said this was their first GT350 in with a problem, so he wants to take his time on this. I can respect that.

OP
OP

Moogatwo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ZL1 M6
Update - Service manager called me. They don't want to touch the car until one of their Ford Performance technicians is in the shop, which will not be until Monday.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Update - Service manager called me. They don't want to touch the car until one of their Ford Performance technicians is in the shop, which will not be until Monday.
Thanks for the update..Did you document the mileage when you dropped it off? If you can’t wait and want to get over there w your scanner, I’ll look up the codes for you from the manual.

OP
OP

Moogatwo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ZL1 M6
Thanks for the update..Did you document the mileage when you dropped it off? If you can’t wait and want to get over there w your scanner, I’ll look up the codes for you from the manual.
It was a little over 8500. Like 8531. I had a stressful day at work, combined with the stress of limping 3 miles at 30mph on 60 mph roads in rush hour I completely forgot to snap a picture of the odometer. Thanks for offering to read the codes, I appreciate the support! It’s ok, I have a family thing tomorrow afternoon, and will be traveling for work a lot next week, so I’m in no rush.
Sponsored