Cheap LED's for your interior/exterior conversion

OySmallFry@SCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SpaceCitySpyLLC
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
As far as bulb socket size and correct fitment, both LED bulbs fit perfectly snug. I don't foresee any problems with them coming out and I didn't use any electrical tape or otherwise alter fitment.
3 week update -

The driver's side switchback vibrated loose from its female plug. It rattled around inside the corner housing for a few days before I found time to fish it out.

Quite annoying to retrieve, until I realized that that super sticky 3M tape wrapped around a flat head screwdriver works like a charm.

Upon closer inspection, it looks like these switchbacks don't seat 100% into the plugs for whatever reason. About 10 seconds with a dremel removed enough material for it to seat a lot better. And I added a small ring of electrical tape to snug up the fit just to be sure.

Working again. I'll have to do the same treatment to the other side another time. Either way, these are still worth the low price.
Sponsored

Rob08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
3 week update -

Upon closer inspection, it looks like these switchbacks don't seat 100% into the plugs for whatever reason. About 10 seconds with a dremel removed enough material for it to seat a lot better. And I added a small ring of electrical tape to snug up the fit just to be sure.
Thank you for the update! I will make sure to take these steps during install (I will be installing them on 25 March after I take delivery on 23 March).

mada808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I still haven't had an issue with any of my LEDs coming loose. They all fit like a glove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

Rob08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I installed LEDs for the map lights. They turn on when the car door is open. I am able to turn them on/off with the two switches; however, as soon as the car starts I cannot turn the map lights on (unless I open the door). Any suggestions? :frusty:

fstenuf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2

mada808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I installed LEDs for the map lights. They turn on when the car door is open. I am able to turn them on/off with the two switches; however, as soon as the car starts I cannot turn the map lights on (unless I open the door). Any suggestions? :frusty:

That's a very odd issue. Have you checked fuses?

Sponsored

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning

Rob08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
That's a very odd issue. Have you checked fuses?

Exactly what it was. I checked the #1 fuse inside the passenger side of the vehicle and the fuse was blown. The fuse should have been the first thing I checked, but I didn't think that was the issue since the lights still worked up until the car started. Thanks!

fstenuf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2
Well the side markers didn't work. The heads are too big to fit in the socket. So I wouldn't recommend those.

mada808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Well the side markers didn't work. The heads are too big to fit in the socket. So I wouldn't recommend those.

Those are the exact ones I used and popped then in no problem.
Sponsored