Charge pipes

Ultimateone

Yes is that's guy /\
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F32 435i Xdrive
As I understand, the benefits are:
Aftermarket BOV (include with the MAP kit)
Better boost handling and they won't collapse like the stock rubber "pipes" - not sure how much that actually happens.

Personally I'll be upgrading my intercooler, so it seems like a no brainer to also upgrade the charge pipes.
You'd be surprised how much new charge pipes can help, on the EVO X it was a great mod.
Sponsored

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Base w/ Performance Package
Thanks for the additional information. I didn't even think about the transition from 2" to 2.5" and didn't know about the harness. Do you have any post install pics? I've seen them in an install video I found, but it wasn't a very good look at them.
Here are some charge pipe installed pictures:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=477342&postcount=35

Greg Hazlett sent me over some pictures as well on facebook and they look great in wrinkle black.

The benefits of the charge pipes were mentioned above but wanted to touch on them a little more.

The main upgrade for me with our charge pipe kit is the fact that it deletes the factory BPV completely. The factory BPV is very annoying to start, and isn't designed to handle more boost. It causes surging issues over time, and as you turn up the power it bleeds off a little boost even though you can't hear it.

The pipe itself allows for smoother transitions in and out of the intercooler. If you remove turbulence from air flow, not to mention charged air flow, you increase its effectiveness and ability to transfer air faster (CFM).

I personally couldn't own an Ecoboost Mustang without charge pipes, the upgrade to mechanical BOV alone is worth it for me.

EnFOURcer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.turbosmartusa.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecostang, 2015 5.0, 2007 GT500, 2014 Tremor

Greg Hazlett sent me over some pictures as well on facebook and they look great in wrinkle black.

The benefits of the charge pipes were mentioned above but wanted to touch on them a little more.

The main upgrade for me with our charge pipe kit is the fact that it deletes the factory BPV completely. The factory BPV is very annoying to start, and isn't designed to handle more boost. It causes surging issues over time, and as you turn up the power it bleeds off a little boost even though you can't hear it.

The pipe itself allows for smoother transitions in and out of the intercooler. If you remove turbulence from air flow, not to mention charged air flow, you increase its effectiveness and ability to transfer air faster (CFM).

I personally couldn't own an Ecoboost Mustang without charge pipes, the upgrade to mechanical BOV alone is worth it for me.

:thumbsup:

Punisher_15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 EB Mustang

Yeah, I'm gonna need to get a set asap!

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I'm gonna need to get a set asap!
Give me a call tomorrow, and I can get a set out for you. Blue and Black BOV's both in stock with Raw piping. If you want Powdercoated piping I can do any color you want for the same price as wrinkle black but will take about a week to get done as I have to ship it off to get PC'd.

Sponsored

sleepless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium Guard flavored
You'd be surprised how much new charge pipes can help, on the EVO X it was a great mod.
Help with what? (not being sarcastic). What did you notice on your Evo?

bam88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost PP
Another benefit of well designed charge pipes is stainless T bolt clamps and bead rolled piping ends. Will hold couplers and pipes together better to stop them blowing apart during a hard pull.

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
Help with what? (not being sarcastic). What did you notice on your Evo?
On EVO's they are a significant upgrade because of the factory poor design. The factory pipes on the Mustang aren't terrible but could use an upgrade in my opinion.

TunaFish15

2017 SRT Challenger owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6.4L Mustang Eater
I did a swap of my cold side and just that made a big improvement over the flappy rubber piece. Felt more responsive off the line, quicker spool, just more giddy. Charge pipes do have a positive effect on performance.

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 2016 GT
I got in on the preorder of the mishimoto charge pipes. They should be here within the next week. I will post up a few pics on here for you when I've finished. You can see some images on Mishimotos website of the polished pipes. I ordered the wrinkle black.

Also FFTEC makes a good set, I have their intake and its top notch.
Thanks for your support!

Yeah, I really like the look of the Mishomoto ones. But, I don't want either of the finishes available. I posted a question a while back to see if there are other options available or even if I could order a raw set. Also, they seem to be set up to work with the stock BPV. So, I'm not sure how they'll work with an after market BOV. I asked that question too, but haven't seen a response. The MAP set seems to be a good value as it include the TS BOV, for a price that some other companies charge just for the pipes.
Apologies for the lack of response to your questions. As of now the only available finishes are the ones listed on our website (wrinkle blank and polished). As for the aftermarket BOV, they will work with our charge pipe as long as the BOV has the factory-style flange. We have not incorporated any additional BOV options yet but it is certainly something to consider for those of you who are running different setups.
Hope that was helpful!
-Sara
Sponsored