Sponsored

Charge pipes

PamAndJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang
Does anyone have any pics of aftermarket charge pipes installed? I know it may seem silly but I want them look good and perform well. I've seen the MAP pipes, but not a fan of the 90 degree coupler at the top of the hot side pipe. I do however like the fact that I can get them powdercoated to match my MAP cai.
Sponsored

AmericanSpy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 2.3T
I got in on the preorder of the mishimoto charge pipes. They should be here within the next week. I will post up a few pics on here for you when I've finished. You can see some images on Mishimotos website of the polished pipes. I ordered the wrinkle black.

Also FFTEC makes a good set, I have their intake and its top notch.

OP
OP
PamAndJim

PamAndJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang
I got in on the preorder of the mishimoto charge pipes. They should be here within the next week. I will post up a few pics on here for you when I've finished. You can see some images on Mishimotos website of the polished pipes. I ordered the wrinkle black.

Also FFTEC makes a good set, I have their intake and its top notch.
Yeah, I really like the look of the Mishomoto ones. But, I don't want either of the finishes available. I posted a question a while back to see if there are other options available or even if I could order a raw set. Also, they seem to be set up to work with the stock BPV. So, I'm not sure how they'll work with an after market BOV. I asked that question too, but haven't seen a response. The MAP set seems to be a good value as it include the TS BOV, for a price that some other companies charge just for the pipes.

bam88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost PP
Does anyone have any pics of aftermarket charge pipes installed? I know it may seem silly but I want them look good and perform well. I've seen the MAP pipes, but not a fan of the 90 degree coupler at the top of the hot side pipe. I do however like the fact that I can get them powdercoated to match my MAP cai.
In my opinion the biggest advantage to the MAP pipes is they come with a much much much better BOV or BPV that is ran from vacuum like it should be and when you factor that into the price is best value.

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
FFTEC will put a different BOV flange on their charge pipes. All you gotta do is ask them.

Edit: here is a picture of my FFTEC intake and charge pipes. Sorry, only one I have.

Sponsored

Punisher_15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 EB Mustang
My only beef with Map pipes are that they do not tell you that they are made to order and take 6 weeks. I odered a set a couple months ago specifically needing them before a time and was hit with a 6 week eta. I was livid and cancelled my order. I wouldnt have a problem waiting if i knew before hand but to be hit with it after I place an order is unacceptable to me. In total my order was almost $2000. I still dont have any charge pipes. I figured I would wait for a different supplier to come up with some.

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
My only beef with Map pipes are that they do not tell you that they are made to order and take 6 weeks. I odered a set a couple months ago specifically needing them before a time and was hit with a 6 week eta. I was livid and cancelled my order. I wouldnt have a problem waiting if i knew before hand but to be hit with it after I place an order is unacceptable to me. In total my order was almost $2000. I still dont have any charge pipes. I figured I would wait for a different supplier to come up with some.

Email - [email protected] or PM him on here.

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Base w/ Performance Package
I'm sorry if you were given incorrect information but charge pipes are almost always in stock and the longest lead time we have ever had on them was 7-10 days.

I have 6 sets in stock as we speak and would be willing to give you a deal for your troubles.

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
The 90° coupler is longer than your normal standard 90° coupler, so it has a smooth transition to direct the charge air down towards the intercooler inlet, and also the smoothest way to get from a 2" outlet to a 2.5" pipe to avoid turbulence. The reason we went with this instead of further out and increase the bend in the pipe itself is to bring the pipe through the factory routing so the engine harness can clip into it. Our charge pipe is the only one on the market that has a holder for the factory engine harness to clip into it so it doesn't have to be zip tied up or stoved away somewhere. It's has a clean look and performs well, not to mention has a lifetime warranty.

Punisher_15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 EB Mustang
I'm sorry if you were given incorrect information but charge pipes are almost always in stock and the longest lead time we have ever had on them was 7-10 days.

I have 6 sets in stock as we speak and would be willing to give you a deal for your troubles.
Will the standard charge pipes be compatible with the big turbo kit?

Sponsored

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
Will the standard charge pipes be compatible with the big turbo kit?
You get a new passenger side charge pipe with the turbo kit. However if you purchase the charge pipe kit now and our turbo kit later you'll get the drivers side pipe that is extra on the turbo kit. Also you'll get $170.00 off the turbo kit because you have the BOV.already from the charge pipe. You can always sell the extra passenger pipe you'll end up with as someone can just pick up a BOV from us and run their stock drivers side pipe.

sleepless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium Guard flavored
Sorry if this is a simple question, but I still don't understand the advantage of aftermarket charge pipes. Is it only for looks?

Do aftermarket metal pipes keep the air colder? Have a larger ID? Do they reduce leaks/pressure drops?

Are there any performance benefits? $300-400 for pipes just seems like a lot to me.

OP
OP
PamAndJim

PamAndJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang
Sorry if this is a simple question, but I still don't understand the advantage of aftermarket charge pipes. Is it only for looks?

Do aftermarket metal pipes keep the air colder? Have a larger ID? Do they reduce leaks/pressure drops?

Are there any performance benefits? $300-400 for pipes just seems like a lot to me.
As I understand, the benefits are:
Aftermarket BOV (include with the MAP kit)
Better boost handling and they won't collapse like the stock rubber "pipes" - not sure how much that actually happens.

Personally I'll be upgrading my intercooler, so it seems like a no brainer to also upgrade the charge pipes.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PamAndJim

PamAndJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang
The 90° coupler is longer than your normal standard 90° coupler, so it has a smooth transition to direct the charge air down towards the intercooler inlet, and also the smoothest way to get from a 2" outlet to a 2.5" pipe to avoid turbulence. The reason we went with this instead of further out and increase the bend in the pipe itself is to bring the pipe through the factory routing so the engine harness can clip into it. Our charge pipe is the only one on the market that has a holder for the factory engine harness to clip into it so it doesn't have to be zip tied up or stoved away somewhere. It's has a clean look and performs well, not to mention has a lifetime warranty.
Thanks for the additional information. I didn't even think about the transition from 2" to 2.5" and didn't know about the harness. Do you have any post install pics? I've seen them in an install video I found, but it wasn't a very good look at them.
Sponsored