Sponsored

Catless downpipe void warranty on whole car?

turtleboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB
I had a friend of mine who is a pretty good auto enthusiast tell me the other day that if the dealer found out that I removed my cat, it would void any warranty work on my car through Ford. I didn't believe him and did some googling and got mixed reviews. Any experience with this anyone?
Sponsored

2015 Silver GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT Premium
Well for starters ditching the cats requires a tune so that in itself will void your drivetrain warranty. Never mind the fact it's illegal.

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
You could still get warranty on non drive train issues by law, but some dealers might refuse to work on it.

Zemedici

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
You could still get warranty on non drive train issues by law, but some dealers might refuse to work on it.
this, but any competent dealership would work on the vehicle regardless.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Unless you're looking for serious power gains to include a built motor and upgraded turbo there really is no need to go with a catless DP. The gains aren't worth the pain, and as stated you'll need to tune the ECM anyways which can void your powertrain warranty if a Ford service technician plugs into your car.

The age old adage applies here...if you want to play you gotta pay. If you're really worried about the warranty, leave it stock and enjoy the ride.

Sponsored

gtmiller1001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
My entire MT82 trans. was replaced under warranty on my 2011 Mustang at the the dealer. They had to remove my catless midpipes to drop the trans. Zero problems. Depends on your dealer.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
How about a high flow cat? That gonna get you in trouble or no?
It's all dependent on your dealer...we can't answer those questions for you. Each dealer will have their own views on modifications. I've had one tell me there's no way they'll work on any car that's modified and another that didn't give two-craps about any mod so long as it wasn't egregious like an engine build or tuning issue.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'07 A4, '19 Ram Rebel
It's all dependent on your dealer...we can't answer those questions for you. Each dealer will have their own views on modifications. I've had one tell me there's no way they'll work on any car that's modified and another that didn't give two-craps about any mod so long as it wasn't egregious like an engine build or tuning issue.
Well the sales manager once told me they would turn a blind eye to things as long I reverted the ecu to stock, so I answered my own question, although ya never really know

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 sec bolt on ecoboost // 9.2 @ 151 2019 blower GTCS
you guys do know dealers get paid to do this work. It's not being done for free. They will only check stuff if ford ask. I use to take my srt4 to dodge on full slicks and the nitrous still hooked up lol. Had about 3 axles and a trans replaced under warranty.

Always tip ;)

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
That doesn't mean much to anyone else, you got lucky with a service dept that turned a blind eye.
Sponsored