Sponsored

Cars are approved to ship!

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Z06s go by convoy I'm pretty sure. Not rail. Maybe that's why??

Or it's another red herring. Ha

At this point it is a bit comical.
Personally I would suggest that the sales and marketing team at Ford have something to do with the timing and the release of the R models but that is pure speculation on my part.

I suggest that Ford wants a significant number of GT350's (none R cars) sent out to dealers and their customers prior to sending out any R models.

Again, I may be way off base and have been wrong many times before.

:ford:
Sponsored

codeman94

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.codycolliermusic.com
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang
I have no idea why the R’s aren’t shipping but a rear track that’s wider by 10-20 mm compared to a non R causing issues does seem farfetched. The front being lower by 1” on the R seems more plausible. Wait did I just start another rumor?

Yeah, surely someone would have had the foresight to make sure they could actually deliver them. But Topnotch has been historically accurate with most of his information.

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
Personally I would suggest that the sales and marketing team at Ford have something to do with the timing and the release of the R models but that is pure speculation on my part.

I suggest that Ford wants a significant number of GT350's (none R cars) sent out to dealers and their customers prior to sending out any R models.

Again, I may be way off base and have been wrong many times before.

:ford:
Anything could be true at this point

Although, I dont understand that marketing approach. What benefit does that give Ford from a product release standpoint? The cars has already been released in a way.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Yeah, surely someone would have had the foresight to make sure they could actually deliver them. But Topnotch has been historically accurate with most of his information.
heh...as an engineer I can say sometimes things like this do get missed. The guys designing the cars and the guys who take car of packaging and transport are likely not always in sync.

The manual explicitly says not to run these cars through automated car washes with track systems due to the tire width, so if the rail cars use something similar, it could be a legitimate issue. They might not fit or it might be close enough to not risk damaging the CF wheels.

And its not like they can go and redesign likely very old rail cars on a whim.

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
heh...as an engineer I can say sometimes things like this do get missed. The guys designing the cars and the guys who take car of packaging and transport are likely not always in sync.

The manual explicitly says not to run these cars through automated car washes with track systems due to the tire width, so if the rail cars use something similar, it could be a legitimate issue. They might not fit or it might be close enough to not risk damaging the CF wheels.

And its not like they can go and redesign likely very old rail cars on a whim.
I think you hit the nail on the head...if the tracking system to hold the car in place is to close to the CF rims/wheels, there is no way they are going to chance screwing up those rims at 10K or what ever the dollars amount is for them...:eyebulge:

Sponsored

markham51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 07 GT500 SS, MKIII Cobra, 68 Shelby GT500 KR Convert
Go Blue Jays!:headbang:

shelby_r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 67 GT350, 68 GT350 Con, 65 R Restomod
I promise - I'm the last person who likes to share bad news. I called my dealer today and he conferenced me in with the main shipping/logistics person for Flatrock. Not only have non of the 2015s/2016s been shipped, but his exact words were "We still have not gotten the OKTB from Ford, yet."

I talked to FP today, and they confirmed that non have shipped or been released for shipping - no OKTB.

This sucks. :doh:

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
I promise - I'm the last person who likes to share bad news. I called my dealer today and he conferenced me in with the main shipping/logistics person for Flatrock. Not only have non of the 2015s/2016s been shipped, but his exact words were "We still have not gotten the OKTB from Ford, yet."

I talked to FP today, and they confirmed that non have shipped or been released for shipping - no OKTB.

This sucks. :doh:
OMG. So there's a disconnect between FP and Jim Owens & crew? I listened to his morning and afternoon sessions and he stated OKTB was a green light last Friday for early non-Rs. Ugh.... oh well, we wait and persevere again... now with a temporary :brokenheart:

Mustang33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I spoke with FP today and was told the same thing, none have shipped, mine was built this week and no shipping date yet

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
What a cluster!

At the end of the day Ford never gave us a true release date, and maybe they didn't because they knew they couldn't get their sh!t together to declare specifics on an actual release and delivery dates. And of course, the forums only add fuel to the fire.

Last edited:

Sponsored

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
Some may not want to hear this, but I recall back in 2002 being in the same situation, waiting for our cars to be released. Honestly, those were some of the best memories I ever had as a member of a car forum group. Try to patient and enjoy the journey, because these are "the good old days."

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I'm willing to be they're waiting to wrap up the track tour and letting some things marinade. I'd be wiling to bet we'll see shipping starting early November at the earliest.

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I don't even have a VIN yet but my money's on they ship by this time next week. Now...wheres that post about the GT350 prayer!

teamz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
dealer confirmed shipping of my gt350, with delivery shortly after 10/19.