Caring for Xpel Utimate

Spartan_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT/PP M/T
When I bought my car it had Xpel Ultimate installed on the entire front half of the car (hood, fenders, 6" of roof). I've read about caring for it and I know what I need to do, but I have a few questions that I hope you guys can answer.

1. Do I need to purchase the Xpel brand sealant or can I just use my Jet Seal on it instead? Here is a link to the Xpel brand: http://www.xpel.com/product/xpel-ppf-sealant-16-oz/

2. How do I know if the wax I'm using (Butter Wet Wax) has dyes in it?

3. Can I clay the film?
Sponsored

Last edited:

FlaGrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic PP GT
I had the same film installed on the front, all the lights, fenders, and half of the hood the 1st week I had the car.

Over 1Yr ownership now.

I have been using Turtle Wax Ice synthetic spray wax, recommended by the installer.

It is clear, no dyes, and leaves no white residue on anything. It also has a UV protectant. I got it just for the film but quickly started to use it for everything, Including all the black plastic trim.

A lot of people are hard on the Turtle Wax brand, as so was I. But I have got to admit it is actually pretty good, and lasts along time between waxing.

The Xpel film is still as clear as the day it went on. and none of the black trim has any discoloration either.

I have also clayed the film on the hood without issue, just have to watch the edges.

I have not used the product you asked about so I cant comment on that.

Hope that helps

Last edited:

Flyfaster1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Magentic PP GT
When I bought my car it had Xpel Ultimate installed on the entire front half of the car (hood, fenders, 6" of roof). I've read about caring for it and I know what I need to do, but I have a few questions that I hope you guys can answer.

1. Do I need to purchase the Xpel brand sealant or can I just use my Jet Seal on it instead? Here is a link to the Xpel brand: http://www.xpel.com/product/xpel-ppf-sealant-16-oz/

You can use jet seal on it.. I use it on my xpel clear bra.

2. How do I know if the wax I'm using (Butter Wet Wax) has dyes in it?

Dunno, didn't think it had dyes in it. However, I've also been using it on my xpel clear bra with no issues or discoloration.

3. Can I clay the film?
Like he said.. be careful around the edges of the film but I've lightly clayed it with no issues.

With all this being said, I'm def no expert but I'm very picky about paint on all my vehicles... if I had any issues I wouldn't use the mess and would say the same to anyone else. There are better products than CG but I consider their stuff to be in the top 5-6 I've seen and used.
Sponsored