Sponsored

car runs better after drag racing

Coolmanfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
So the other day I took my car drag racing for basically the first time. made 5 runs which were fun and decent times but I what I noticed is how different the car felt afterward.

It felt so much more responsive (its an auto) and eager to rev. it seemed sharper and there seems to be much less lag. Is this just my imagination or does running the engine and transmission that hard loosen it up and make it better?
Sponsored

Rough Hollow Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Convertible
In the old days, we used to say we were going to take our cars out for an "Italian Tuneup"...taking it out on the highway and making some full throttle pulls...to "blow the carbon out"! It always seemed to work or maybe we were just trying to justify our actions.

ETCH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance
such bullshit.... lol

Sponsored

CCCP1999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHAS
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
The computer learning curve for sure. Anytime i buy a new car- truck it is slow until i get around 5k miles on it. I have driven other peeps trucks the same model as mine and if they drive it like a granny it feels dead while mine will see WOT blast at every stop will feel 10 times better.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
I've heard the ECU in this car learns your driving habits and adjusts timing and throttle response or some other likely imaginary stuff. I think it's hogwash, but what do I know.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
The ecu has a signal transmitter that emits an electronic pulse that stimulates your brain to produce higher levels of endorphins thus convincing you that the car feels faster. It last about 2 hours then it shuts itself down. So get home quickly and run into the house and make love to your wife, she will have 3 orgasms as opposed to the customary 1...lol

Last edited:
OP
OP

Coolmanfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
The ecu has signal transmitter that emits and electronic pulse that stimulates your brain to produce higher levels of endorphins thus convincing you that the car feels faster. It last about 2 hours then it shuts itself down. So get home quickly and run into the house and make love to your wife, she will have 3 orgasms as opposed to the customary 1...lol
Now that makes sense. Is that on the base model or is it a premium feature?

Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Premium only, your tuner can enhance the frequencies thus making the effects last longer..lol

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Throttle response was learned from driving habits back on the 05+ Mustangs (not sure what year ended that). 15+ have set throttle sensitivity tables.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
So the other day I took my car drag racing for basically the first time. made 5 runs which were fun and decent times but I what I noticed is how different the car felt afterward.

It felt so much more responsive (its an auto) and eager to rev. it seemed sharper and there seems to be much less lag. Is this just my imagination or does running the engine and transmission that hard loosen it up and make it better?
Your ETs?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
There is an OAR that gets learned and statically adds/removes timing and then on top of that there are timing compensations.

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
Premium only, your tuner can enhance the frequencies thus making the effects last longer..lol
Wait, are we talking about a menage a trois here? :eyebulge:
Sponsored