Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
The road looks pretty flat as you approach the curb, so at least the car is not angled down. It might work out OK if you can approach from an angle. I suspect that leaving the driveway will be worse than entering, since you won't be able to achieve as much of an angle and because the entire car will be slanted down as soon as the front wheels go down that steep ramp.

Maybe something like these:
http://www.carguygarage.com/singlecardrivew.html (I see they are the same BRIDJIT ones linked before, but for a lower price)

-T

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
You might clear it if it you take it an EXTREME angle. The GT350 can clear most parking lot speed bumps....

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Should be no problem if you attack it at the proper angle. There are a lot worse lips and approaches around here that I have to drive over all the time and they are typically not an issue. Heck, the entrance to my dealership is a lot worse. You just have to get a steep angle on them.

jlwdvm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 350R, '13 Boss 302, '15 Z/28, '69 TA
BACK IN!!! My curb at my driveway is worse! I thought I was screwed too when I first got the car home. The spoiler started to scrape as soon as I got close to driveway. Backing in was the solution. You'll be fine. You have to back your car into or out of your driveway/garage anyway;)

Sponsored

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
I learned this trick from someone else here, and it works for me. Essentially, you need to make a 90-degree turn from the street into your driveway. The trick is to make sure your inside front tire is the first thing to come into contact with the incline; the nose is too long for an angled approach to work. So, approach your driveway parallel to and close to the curb. When you get to the point where your inside front tire is about halfway across the driveway, turn the wheel to full lock so it starts to climb the incline before the front spoiler starts to move over it. Obviously, go very slowly. Once you've gotten both tires fully up the incline and onto your driveway, you'll be OK. Since the incline is so steep, I'd try it with another car and a friend to watch and measure the clearances; if it's ever less than about 4 inches, you're going to have a problem with the GT 350. (Remember, the front edge of the spoiler is its highest point; it drops from there to meet the panel under the radiator and engine.) If this
works for you, you can back out by reversing this whole process.

With a driveway like this, it pays to be paranoid. When I brought my GT 350 home, I had several 4-foot lengths of 1x2s, 2x4s and 2x6s to build a bridge to get the car up the driveway the first time. Hope this works - good luck!

AMpowerJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Ordering ...
I wouldn't use those outside a gated community. Things listing for $600 just laying on public roads could walk off. I'd want something cheaper (less of a CL reseller magnet) or that's bolted/glued down.
They are too heavy to just 'walk off' but I understand wanting something cheaper.

AMpowerJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Ordering ...
The road looks pretty flat as you approach the curb, so at least the car is not angled down. It might work out OK if you can approach from an angle. I suspect that leaving the driveway will be worse than entering, since you won't be able to achieve as much of an angle and because the entire car will be slanted down as soon as the front wheels go down that steep ramp.

Maybe something like these:
http://www.carguygarage.com/singlecardrivew.html (I see they are the same BRIDJIT ones linked before, but for a lower price)

-T
That's actually the same thing just cheaper.

OP
OP
Blaze489

Blaze489

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 SHELBY GT350 Magnetic Track Pack
I learned this trick from someone else here, and it works for me. Essentially, you need to make a 90-degree turn from the street into your driveway. The trick is to make sure your inside front tire is the first thing to come into contact with the incline; the nose is too long for an angled approach to work. So, approach your driveway parallel to and close to the curb. When you get to the point where your inside front tire is about halfway across the driveway, turn the wheel to full lock so it starts to climb the incline before the front spoiler starts to move over it. Obviously, go very slowly. Once you've gotten both tires fully up the incline and onto your driveway, you'll be OK. Since the incline is so steep, I'd try it with another car and a friend to watch and measure the clearances; if it's ever less than about 4 inches, you're going to have a problem with the GT 350. (Remember, the front edge of the spoiler is its highest point; it drops from there to meet the panel under the radiator and engine.) If this
works for you, you can back out by reversing this whole process.

With a driveway like this, it pays to be paranoid. When I brought my GT 350 home, I had several 4-foot lengths of 1x2s, 2x4s and 2x6s to build a bridge to get the car up the driveway the first time. Hope this works - good luck!
I like this Idea, I will try this.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Blaze489

Blaze489

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 SHELBY GT350 Magnetic Track Pack
So I tried the 90 degree turn with my 06 gt, i have about 6'' clearance. This seems like I should be fine with the 350. Anybody have the measurement of the ground to the lowest part of the front splitter, I hear its 4.5''?
IMG_3261.jpg
IMG_3262.jpg
IMG_3263.jpg

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
It's about 4-4.5 inches, depending on tire pressure, suspension settling and slight rises in the street where it meets the curb. It sounds like you'll be OK, but measure right when the tire first hits the incline - that's probably going to be the tightest point. And you might want to lay down a 1x4 and then a 2x4 flat on the street up against the curb under both tires the first time just to be sure. I hate the sound of scraping plastic before I even get the car all the way in the driveway.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Hey Blaze,
Have you checked with your local govt about re-grading between the street and the sidewalk? Couldn't hurt to ask. I have the reverse situation where my town has added layer after layer of asphalt to the road and they are correcting the grade into my driveway- no charge. ( Everyone, I know my fix is not the same Blaze would need so don't go slamming me on that point- I'm just saying it couldn't hurt to ask.)
Also, owners manual supplement shows 7 degree slope for flat bedding- this translates to about a 1.5" pitch over 1'. Seems like there might be enough distance between the street and the street side edge of the side walk. You do pay property taxes? You should be able to make it the argument.

gravedgr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I don't have your same problem with curbing, but I feel your pain trying to solve the issue of challenging driveways. I have to use something like what Spa2k described with all my sports cars due to the length and incline of my driveway. It is steep enough to bring a tire off the ground each time, but approaching at the most oblique angle possible prevented scraping almost every time.

TxOilMoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Does not appear to be possible, even at an angular approach. I'm afraid you'll have to modify your driveway entrance. I've found that I scrape this car easier than my ZO6 did.
Sponsored