Sponsored

CAR BUMPER TORE OFF need advice

CommyO

Is it a v8?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB Premium PP
So I parked in a sketchy offroad location thinking my car would be safe. I parked fine but when I was pulling out, something hooked onto the shield attached to the front bumper and pulled both side clips off and pretty much tore the entire front bumper off.

The only parts that didn't tear were the screws in the engine bay towards the top of the bumper. At this point, I believe can either get a quicklatch kit and drill the current bumper to connect to the frame of the car or get a new aftermarket gt350 style bumper which I was planning on doing down the line anyways.

My question is, can I get a new bumper and just snap it in as if nothing happened? I'm assuming the screw in the fender liner that everyone complains about was torn out and the bracket might have ripped or something which means a new bumper wouldn't be able to bolt in the way the stock one did but I'm not too sure.

The problem right now is also that the hood cannot open. A guy who was helping me out shut the hood when the black engine liner was removed and now there is no visible latch to release hook that keeps the hood closed.

Thanks.
thumbnail (1).jpg
thumbnail (2).jpg
thumbnail (3).jpg
thumbnail.jpg
Sponsored

NvrFinished

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
How about posting a pic further back for reference? Also, what does the bottom of the pan look like where the bumper attaches?

OP
OP
CommyO

CommyO

Is it a v8?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB Premium PP
How about posting a pic further back for reference? Also, what does the bottom of the pan look like where the bumper attaches?
I haven't had a chance to look yet but seems like the hook caught the open end of the shield under the car but when we pushed the bumper up and close to the frame the shield moved with it as one piece. I'm hoping it's not damaged as I think aftermarket bumpers use stock shield
Sponsored